Home > Archives > CIBA01
Analysis of Toxin Amnesiac by High Performance Chromatography Liquid in Bivalves of the Dakhla Region
Authors(5) :-Hind El MORTAJI, Nabil HANNAOUI, Farida ADLY, Asmaa RADI, hamid TALEB
In this study we performed an ASP analysis in bivalve molluscs of the Dakhla region, especially mussels and oysters. This work was performed between March and June 2015. The sample was conducted in four sites in the Dakhla region, namely Boutalha, Duna Blanca, Puertitto and Oum Labouir. After analysis by HPLC / UV it was shown that the greatest percentage of toxicity of domoic acid (DA) was recorded in June, followed by the months of April and May, while the month of Mars was marked by a low DA toxicity.
Hind El MORTAJI, Nabil HANNAOUI, Farida ADLY, Asmaa RADI, hamid TALEB
ASP, Domoic Acid, toxicity, HPLC/UV, Pseudo-Nitzshia, efflorescence, phytoplankton.
- Amzil, 2002. Phycotoxines amnésiantes (ASP). 2002-1898 Bibliomer n° : 19 – Septembre 2002.
- Andrew J., Schuler P., Jones A., (2012). Role of Changing Biomass Density in Process Disruptions Affecting Biomass Settling at a Full-Scale Domestic Wastewater Treatment Plant. Journal of Environmental Engineering. 138(1), 67–73.
- Arévalo F.F., Bermudez de la Puente M., Salgado C. (1998). ASP toxicity in scallops: individual variability and distribution. , Reguera B., Blanco J., Fernandez M.L.,Wyatt T. (eds). Xunta de Galicia and Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO, Vigo, Espagne, pp. 499-502.
- Bates S.S., Garrison D.L., Horner R.A., (1998). Bloom dynamics and physiology of domoic acid producing Pseudo-nitzschia species. In: Anderson, D.M., A. D. Cembella, and G. M. Hallegraeff, (Ed.), Physiological Ecology of Harmful Algal Blooms. Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, pp. 267-292.
- EU-harmonised standard operating procedure for determination of domoic acid in shellfish and finfish by RP-HPLC using UV detection. Version 1. European Union Reference Laboratory for Marine Biotoxins, (2008).
- Mos Lizzy, 2000. Domoic acid: a fascinating marine toxin Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology 9 (2001) 79–85.
- Quilliam, M.A., Xie, M. and Hardstaff, W.R., Rapid extraction and cleanup for liquid chromatographic determination of domoic acid in unsalted seafood. Journal of AOAC International, 78(2), 543-554 (1995).
- Vale P., Sampayo M.A., Quilliam M.A. (1998).DSPcomplex toxin profiles relation with spp. occurrence and domoic acid confirmation by LC-MS in Portuguese bivalves. , Reguera B., Blanco J., Fernandez M.L.,Wyatt T. (eds). Xunta de Galicia and Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO, Vigo, Espagne, pp. 503-506.
- Wright, J. L. C., Boyd, R. K., Defreitas, A. S. W. & other authors, (1989). Identification of domoic acid, a neuroexcitatory amino-acid, in toxic mussels from eastern Prince Edward Island. Canadian Journal of Chemistry-Revue Canadienne De Chimie 67, 481-490.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 6 | CIBA - Conference Proceeding 2015
Date of Publication : 2017-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 1-3
Manuscript Number : CIBA01
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Hind El MORTAJI, Nabil HANNAOUI, Farida ADLY, Asmaa RADI, hamid TALEB , "Analysis of Toxin Amnesiac by High Performance Chromatography Liquid in Bivalves of the Dakhla Region", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 6, pp.1-3, CIBA - Conference Proceeding-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/CIBA01