Home > Archives > CIBA07
Evaluation of levels of plumbic pollution near Highway using phanerogamic and cryptogamic species in the city of Annaba (Algeria)
Authors(2) :-Maizi N, Alioua A
Nowadays, a serious problem emerged in the natural environments of many countries: they are increasingly subjected to a large number of air pollution: industrial pollution, pollution related to agriculture, but also pollution related to transport. The pollution of lead has constantly evolved over time, due to the considerable increase in the number of vehicles on the market. Our work is based primarily on the use of plants as bio indicator of air pollution in the region of Annaba. The evaluation of the pollution levels near the main roads is a complex exercise, given the many factors to consider at this scale. To do this, we chose three locations on three main roads Greater Annaba: ((RN 44) : Annaba - El Kala; (RN 16): Annaba - El Hadjar; (RN 44): Annaba - Skikda), plants used are: phanerogamic namely species (Fraxinus angustifolia, Eucalyptus camaldulensis, and Eriobotrya japonica) and a cryptogamic species (a lichen (Ramalina farinacea)). An appropriate sampling strategy, a spatio-temporal monitoring, a counting vehicle at our study sites and measurements of physiological parameters combined with the determination of lead allowed us to assess not only the state of the air quality but also the impact of this pollution on the environment caused by a heavy traffic in the area.
Pollution, lead, bio indication, bioaccumulation, road traffic, Annaba, Algeria.
- K. Miet. 2008. Experimental study of the heterogeneous degradation of the Compound Aromatic Polycyclic (CAP) of interest Tropospheric. Doctoral thesis in Analytical Chemistry and Environment. Bordeaux University.
- E. Otvös, T. Pazmandi, Z. Tuba. 2003. First national survey atmospheric heavy metal deposition in Hungary by the analysis of mosses. The Science of the Total Environment 309, 151.
- H. Ziri. 1997. Algiers poisoned by the lead. Daily news paper the Authentic of 21.12.1997.
- A. Semadi and S. Deruelle. 1993. Detection of the pollution plombique by means of lichen transplants in the region of Annaba (Algeria). Atmospheric pollution, October - December, 86 - 102.
- M. Boureghda. 2004. The effects of the lead on some physiological and biochemical parameters of some bio indicator of the atmospheric pollution. Memory of Magister, University of Annaba, 111p.
- N. Maizi. 2006. Twinning of the bio plant indicators: (Xanthoria parietina) and (Funaria hygrométrica) to the networks of surveillance and quality control of the air Sama Safia in the region of Annaba. Memory of Magister, University of Annaba, 176 p.
- O.L. Gilbert. 1970. Further studies on the effect of sulfur dioxide on lichens and bryophytes. New Phytol. 69, 605-627.
- D.L. Hawksworth and F. Rose. 1970. Qualitative scale for estimating sulphur dioxide air pollution in England and Wales using epiphytic lichens. Nature 227, 145-148.
- P.W. James. 1973. The effect of air pollutants other than hydrogen fluoride and sulphur dioxide on lichens. In Air Pollution and Lichens.Athlone Press, London, 143-175 p.
- S. Deruelle. 1984. The use of lichens for the detection and the estimation of the pollution by the lead. Bull. Eco. 15, 1-6
- S. Deruelle. 1996. The reliability of lichens as bio indicators of the pollution of lead. Ecology, 27: 285-290.
- G. Belandria and J. Asta. 1987. Lichens bio accumulators: regression of the pollution fluorinated in the valley of the remanche (Isere-France). Bull. Ecol. 18, 117-126.
- S. Deruelle and F. Guilloux. 1993. Evolution of the lichen vegetation in region Parisian between 1981 and 1993, in connection with the air quality. Bull. Inform. Ass.Lichénol.,Memory 2, 23-42.
- M.R.D. Seaward. 1993. Lichens and sulfur dioxide air pollution: Field studies. Environ. Rev. 1, 73-91.
- A. Alioua. 2001. Detection of the pollution plombic of automobile origin by means of bio plant indicators in the urban area of SKIKDA (Algeria). Doctoral thesis. Joseph Fourier University – Grenoble- 136p.
- A. Semadi. 1989. Effect of the atmospheric pollution, the global pollution, fluoride, pollution of lead on the vegetation in the region of Annaba (Algeria). Doctoral thesis in Science Nat. University P. and M. Curie, (Paris 6), 339p.
- Plan Directive of Urban planning, (2008)
- N. Hacini-Chikh. 2008. Spatial development and transport to Annaba. International colloquium Environment and transport in different contexts, Ghardaïa, Algeria, 16-18 fév. Acts, ENP ed., Algiers), 209.
- Semaly – Transurb / Technirail. In " feasibility study of the first line of the streetcar of Annaba "; stages 1-2-3: investigate diagnosis, choice of plans and modes ". P 34.
- B. Markert. 1993. Plants as biomonitors. Indicators of heavy metal in the terrestrial environment.VHC. Weinheim, New york, Basel, Cambridge, 644p.
- S. Deruelle. 1978. Lichens and atmospheric pollution. Bull. Ecol.9, 2, 87- 128.
- C. Van Haluwyn et M. Lerond. 1986. Lichens and quality of the air: methodological Evolution and limit. Report n°2130. Ministry of the environment.( S. R. E. T. I. E.), 213 p.
- D. N. Rao and B.F. Le Blanc. 1965. Effects of sulfur dioxyde on the lichen, with special reference to Chorophyll. Bryologist, 69, 69-75.
- W. Troll and G. Lindsley. 1955. A photometric method for determination of proline G. Biol. Chem. (1955), 215, 655-660.
- W. Dreier and M. Göring. 1974. De reimslushohersolzkongent rasion en aies verschideu physiologcshe parametr van-mais wrzelnwiss. Z. Drh. Berlin NATH. Naturwiss R, 23, 641-644.
- A. Semadi. 1983. Incidence of the fluoride pollution of industrial origin on the vegetation of the region of Annaba (Algeria). Thesis of Doct. Ing., University of Paris 7, 79p.
- P. Dagnelie. 1999. Theoretical and applied statistics. Volume 2: statistical interference in one and two dimensions. Brussels - University of Boeck and to lacier, 659p.
- A. Madani, A. Aznar, J. Sanza and J.M. Serratosa. 1990. Si and AINMR study of zeolite formation from alkali-leached kaolinites. Influence of thermal activation. J. Phys. Chem. 94: 760-765.
- P. Little and M.H. Martin. 1974. Biological monitoring of heavy metal pollution. Environmental Pollution 6, p: 1-19.
- J.H. Arvick, and R.H. Zimdahl. 1974. Journal of Environmental Quality, 3, pp. 369-373.
- G. Deletraz, and E. Paul. 1998. State of the art for the study of the impacts of the road transports in closeness of roads and highways, Interim report, Contract ADEME, 227 p.
- M. Israr, S. Sahi, R. Datta and D. Sarkar. 2006. Bioaccumulation and physiological effects of mercury in Sesbania drummondii. Chemosphere 65. 591-598.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 6 | CIBA - Conference Proceeding 2015
Date of Publication : 2017-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 33-43
Manuscript Number : CIBA07
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Maizi N, Alioua A, "Evaluation of levels of plumbic pollution near Highway using phanerogamic and cryptogamic species in the city of Annaba (Algeria)", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 6, pp.33-43, CIBA - Conference Proceeding-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/CIBA07