Home > Archives > CIBA08
The Relative Gene Expression of GAPDH in Mice Fed with a Short-Term High Fat Diet
Authors(6) :-Mariam DESSAY, Hasnaa MAKSOURI, Myriam RIYAD, Paolo AJMONE MARSAN, Khadija AKARID, Fatima CHEGDANI
The important role of nutrition in health and disease prevention is well recognized. The glyceraldehyde-3- dehydrogenase phosphate gene (GAPDH) is considered as a housekeeping gene: it encodes a key enzyme of the glycolysis, and seems to affect the metabolism of fatty acids. The purpose of this work was to study the relative expression of the GAPDH gene in mice subjected to a short-term high fat diet. The expression of the GAPDH gene has been analyzed in the livers of C57BL / 6N mice: 5 control mice and 5 mice subjected to a short term high-fat diet. The quantification of the mRNA has been performed by a real-time PCR using specific primers designated and validated in silico. The data have been analyzed by the REST software. The results showed a significant down expression (p < 0.005) of the GAPDH gene in mice subjected to high-fat diet. This suggests that a lipid diet may have an effect on the expression of the GAPDH gene. Thus the use of GAPDH as a reference gene should be reconsidered notably in gene expression studies.
Mariam DESSAY, Hasnaa MAKSOURI, Myriam RIYAD, Paolo AJMONE MARSAN, Khadija AKARID, Fatima CHEGDANI
GAPDH, high-fat Diet, Housekeeping Gene, Lipid Metabolism, Mice
- Janet. A (2003). Comparison of human adult and fetal expression and identiﬁcation of 535 housekeeping/maintenance genes. Affymetrix,Inc. Santa Clara, California 95051
- Henry. E (2015). Beyond Glycolysis: GAPDHs Are Multifunctional Enzymes Involved in Regulation of ROS, Autophagy, and Plant Immune Responses. PLOS Genetics; DOI: 10.1371/journal.pgen.1005199
- Lizier. M(2013). The nutrigenomic investigation of C57BL/6N mice fed a short-term high-fat diet highlightsearly changes in clock genes expression. Genes Nutr (2013) 8:465–474
- Livak. KJ, Schmittgen TD (2001). Analysis of relative gene expression data using real-time quantitative PCR and the 2 (delta delta C (T)) method. Methods 25:402–408
- Barroso. I. (1999). Norepinephrine, tri-iodothyronine and insulin upregulate glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase mRNA during brown adipocyte differentiation. European Journal of Endocrinology; 141:169-179.
- Robert. D (2005). GAPDH as a housekeeping gene: analysis of GAPDH mRNA expression in a panel of 72 human tissues. Physiol Genomics 21: 389–395.
- Caradec. J; Sirab. C (2010). Desperate house genes: the dramatic example of hypoxia. British Journal of Cancer; 102:1037–1043.
- Thomas D.; Brain A. (2000). Effect of experimental treatment on housekeeping gene expression: validation by real-time, quantitative RT-PCR
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 6 | CIBA - Conference Proceeding 2015
Date of Publication : 2017-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 44-46
Manuscript Number : CIBA08
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Mariam DESSAY, Hasnaa MAKSOURI, Myriam RIYAD, Paolo AJMONE MARSAN, Khadija AKARID, Fatima CHEGDANI, "The Relative Gene Expression of GAPDH in Mice Fed with a Short-Term High Fat Diet", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 6, pp.44-46, CIBA - Conference Proceeding-2015
URL : http://ijsrst.com/CIBA08