Home > Archives > IJSRST11737154
Performance of Kerosene Oil Blend with Diesel Fuel on Engine
Authors(1) :-Dr. R. Ramachandra
The need of various transportation systems is increasing every day in such a fast developing world, and in the result of this, several vehicles and engine are increasing while conventional fuel like diesel and petrol are vanishing gradually with time. So it is need of the hour, we must have the alternative to above conventional fuels. The purpose of this experimental investigation is to study the effect of the blend kerosene oil blend together with conventional fuel on single cylinder diesel engine which is attached with eddy current dynamometer. An experimental analysis was made to check the diesel engine performance using various blends of kerosene with mineral diesel. Different blends of kerosene oil together with diesel in the ratio of 5%, 10% and 15% by volume and investigated under the different load conditions in a CI engine. The outcomes under various parameters were believed to be almost near to that of diesel fuel only. Different engine parameters such as brake power, brake specific fuel consumption, brake mean effective pressure, fuel consumption rate, exhaust gas temperature etc. have been determined and these were compared with diesel fuel.
Brake Power, Diesel engine, Eddy current dynamometer, Exhaust gas temperature, Fuel consumption rate, Kerosene oil
- R. Saravanan, P. Navaneetha Krishnan, R. Muralimanohar, “Experimental & Performance Analysis of Four Stroke CI Engine on Sapotaceae Biodiesel and its Blends” International Conference on Energy Efficient Technologies for Automobiles, Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, special issue 6, pp. 312-315, 2015.
- Sandeep Kumar Duran, Maninder Singh, Hardeep Singh, “Karanja and Rapeseed Biodiesel: An Experimental Investigation of Performance and Combustion Measurement for Diesel Engine”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Vol. 6, Issue 1, pp. 295-299, 2015.
- R. K. Singh, Saswat Rath, “Performance Analysis of Blends of Karanja Methyl Ester in a Compression Ignition Engine”, International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Technology IPCBEE, Vol. 11, IACSIT Press, pp. 187-192, 2011.
- Sandeep Kumar Duran, Maninder Singh, Hardeep Singh, “Performance and Combustion Characteristics of Single Cylinder Diesel Engine Fuelled with Blends of Karanja Biodiesel and Diesel”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, Issue 7, pp. 160-170, 2014.
- Vishal Dekate, Dr. S. C. Kongre, “Experimental Investigation of CI Engine Fueled with Diesel and Kerosene Blend with Cotton Seed Oil ? A Review, IJARIIE, Vol. 2, Issue 3, pp. 3881-3886, 2016.
- V. Maniniyan, S. Sivaprakasam, “Performance, Combustion and Emission evaluation in DI Diesel Engine Using diesel and biodiesel”, Elixir International Journal Mechanical Engineering 52 (2012), pp. 11305-11308, 2012.
- Suvendu Mohanty, Dr. Om Prakash, “Analysis of Exhaust Emission of Internal Combustion Engine using Biodiesel Blend”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Vol. 3, Issue 5, pp. 731-742, 2013.
- Prem Kumar, M. P. Sharma, Gaurav Dwivedi, “Impact of Biodiesel on Combustion, Performance and Exhaust Emissions of Diesel Engines”, Journal of Integrated Science & Technology, 2(2), pp. 57-63, 2014.
- Gaurav Sharma, Devendra Dandotiya, S. K. Agarwal, “Experimental Investigation of Performance Parameters of Single Cylinder IC Engine Using Mustard Oil”, International Journal of Modern Engineering Research, Vol. 3, Issue 2, pp. 832-838, 2013.
- Dongmei Tong, Changwei Hu, Kanghua Jiang, “Cetane Number Prediction of Biodiesel from the Composition of the Fatty Acid Methyl Esters”, Journal of American Oil Chemists Society, Springer, Vol. 88, Issue 3, pp. 415-423, 2011.
- A. K. Azad, S. M. Ameer Uddin, M. M. Alam, “Experimental study of DI diesel engine performance using biodiesel blends with kerosene”, International Journal of Energy and Environment, Vol. 4, Issue 2, pp. 265-278, 2013.
- Naseer Salman Kadhim, “Study the Effect of Blending Kerosene with Diesel Fuel on the Performance and Emissions of Diesel Engine”, International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology, pp. 772-776, 2015.
- Bilal A. Akash, “Combustion and Emission Investigation of Diesel Fuel and Kerosene Blends”, Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology”, 10(16), pp. 618-622, 2015.
- Azeem Hafiz P. A., Naveen Sankar G. M., Murali Mohan R. K., Bilal Mohammed, “Experimental Analysis of the Performance Characteristics of Single Cylinder Diesel Engine Fueled using Kerosene-Diesel Blend”, International Journal of Research in Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 4, Issue 3, pp. 70-74, 2016.
- O. Obodeh, F. O. Isaac, “Investigation of Performance Characteristics of Diesel Engine Fuelled with Diesel-Kerosene Blends”, Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Applied Sciences, 2(2), pp. 318-322, 2011.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 5 | November-December 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-12-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 355-359
Manuscript Number : IJSRST11737154
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dr. R. Ramachandra, "Performance of Kerosene Oil Blend with Diesel Fuel on Engine", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.355-359, November-December-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST11737154