Home > Archives > IJSRST11738218
Studies in Properties of Plant Waxes : Carnauba and Candelilla Waxes Using DSC, FT-IR and Conventional Methods of Testing
Authors(3) :-Atul P. Dwivedi, Dr. G. K. Ghosal, Dr. P. N. Belkhode
The animal waxes are used in many different applications in the industries mostly in pharmaceuticals and fruit processing industries. The application of waxes for any particular applications will depends on its properties. In this study the two animal waxes namely Bee and Shellac waxes had been studied for their properties like melting point, needle penetration, drop melting point, flash point, viscosities and densities. The testing was carried out as per ASTM standards. These properties were correlated with the results obtained from the DSC and FT-IR data.
Atul P. Dwivedi, Dr. G. K. Ghosal, Dr. P. N. Belkhode
Bee wax, Shellac wax, FT-IR, DSC, Conventional properties.
- Ewa Was, Teresa Szcz?sna, Helena Rybak-Chmielewska, "Determination Of Beeswax Hydrocarbons By Gas Chromatography With A Mass Detector (Gc -Ms ) Technique", J. Apic. Sci. Vol. 58 No. 1,2014.
- P. TULLOCH,? "The composition of Beeswax and their other waxes secreted by insects", Lipids, Feb 1970, Vol. 5, No. 2
- Albin h. Warth, "The Chemistry And Technology Of Waxes", Second Edition, Reinhold Publishing Corporation, New York.
- E. Endlein, K.-H. Peleikis, "Natural Waxes -Properties, Compositions and Applications", SOFW-Journal | 137 | 4-2011.
- G. Ali Mansoori,1 H. Lindsey Barnes,' And Glenn M. Webster , "Petroleum Waxes", Manual 37: Fuels And Lubricants Handbook.
- Y. Farag and C. S. Leopold, "Physicochemical Properties of Various Shellac Types", Dissolution Technologies, MY 2009.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 8 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 994-997
Manuscript Number : IJSRST11738218
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Atul P. Dwivedi, Dr. G. K. Ghosal, Dr. P. N. Belkhode, "Studies in Properties of Plant Waxes : Carnauba and Candelilla Waxes Using DSC, FT-IR and Conventional Methods of Testing", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 8, pp.994-997, November-December-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST11738218