Home > Archives > IJSRST11845515
Fabrication of Maximum Solar Energy Tracing System
Authors(2) :-Barmavatu Praveen, Swathi Priya Soogoor
Solar energy is rapidly advancing as an important means of renewable energy resource. Solar tracking enables more solar energy to be generated because the solar panel is able to maintain a perpendicular profile to the sun’s rays. Though initial cost of setting up a solar tracking system is high, this paper proposes a cheaper solution. Design and construction of a prototype for solar tracking system with single degree of freedom, which detects the sunlight using Light Dependent Resistors (LDR), is discussed in this paper. The control circuit for the solar tracker is based on an ATMega8 microcontroller. This is programmed to detect the sunlight through the LDRs and then actuate the motor to position the solar panel where it can receive maximum sun light. Theoretical analysis and research results have been shown in this project to advocate that the designed system realized precise automatic tracking of the sun and can greatly improve the utilization of solar energy.
Barmavatu Praveen, Swathi Priya Soogoor
Light Dependent Resistors, Solar Energy, PLC, Photo Detector
- Ulanoff, L. Elon Musk and SolarCity unveil 'world'smost efficient' solar panel, Mashable, October 2, 2015, accessed June 28, 2016
- Jump upMilestone in solar cell efficiency achieved: New record for unfocused sunlight edges closer to theoretic limits. Wilson da Silva. Science Daily. May 17, 2016
- Jump upUniversity of New South Wales. "Milestone in solar cell efficiency achieved: New record for unfocused sunlight edges closer to theoretic limits." ScienceDaily, 17 May 2016.
- Jump upLi, Wei; Rubin, Tzameret H.; Onyina, Paul A. (2013-05-01). "Comparing Solar Water Heater Popularization Policies in China, Israel and Australia: The Roles of Governments in Adopting Green Innovations". Sustainable Development. 21 (3): 160–170.doi:10.1002/sd.1547. ISSN 1099-1719.
- Jump up to:a b c Morgan Baziliana; et al. (17 May 2012). Re-considering the economics of photovoltaic power. UN-Energy (Report). United Nations. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- Jump upKING, R.R., et al., Appl. Phys. Letters 90 (2007) 183516.
- Jump up"SunPower e20 Module".
- Jump up"HIT® Photovoltaic Module" (PDF). Sanyo / Panasonic. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Jump up"Improving the efficiency of solar panels". The Hindu. 24 October 2013. Retrieved24 October 2013.
- Jump up"Micro Inverters for Residential Solar Arrays". Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Jump upwww.cell-to-module.com
- Jump upPhotovoltaics Report, Fraunhofer ISE, 28 July 2014, pages 18,19 Jump up
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 7 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 255-260
Manuscript Number : IJSRST11845515
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Barmavatu Praveen, Swathi Priya Soogoor, "Fabrication of Maximum Solar Energy Tracing System", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 7, pp.255-260, March-April-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST11845515