Home > Archives > IJSRST151215
Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Tabletes of Candesartan using Natural Excipients for the Treatment of Hypertension
Authors(4) :-Vaibhav N. Nagre, Omprasad S. Niyakal, Archana R. Dhole, C.S. Magdum
Candisartan is used commonly for the treatment of hypertantion. Candesartan shows, has a long duration of action. It has half-life of 9 hrs where asT max is 3-4 hr so rapidly achieve desired plasma concentration and stands for long time, so once daily dose is enough for onset of clinical effect , which is also convenient to the patient. Pharmaceutical products designed for oral delivery and currently available on the prescription and over-the-counter markets are mostly the immediate release type, which are designed for immediate release of drug for rapid absorption. Provides convenience to whom that has trouble in swallowing tablets. The objective of the present study was to prepare the mouth dissolving tablet of candisartan using different superdisintegrants. .The tablets were evaluated for hardness, friability, weight variation, wetting time, thickness, water absorption ratio, disintegrating time, uniformity of content and in-vitro drug release.
Vaibhav N. Nagre, Omprasad S. Niyakal, Archana R. Dhole, C.S. Magdum
Sodium Starch Glycolate, Plantago ovata, Superdisintragate, Candisartan
- Debit Bhowmik, Jayakar B, Sampath Kumar K. Fast dissolving drug delivery system. International Journal of Pharma Research, 1(1), 2009, 31-40.
- Rajan R Kayastha, Nayana M. Bhatt. Fast disintegrating tablets of Diclofenac sodium. International Journal of Pharma Research, 3 (6), 2011, 17-22.
- Reddy L.H, gosh B. Rajesh. Fast dissolving drug delivery systems - a review of the literature. Indian Journal Pharma. Science, 7(8), 2007, 331-336
- Shingala Ketan, Dr. Chetan Singh Chauhan, Deepak Dumaniya, Bhavin Patel. Formulation Development and Evaluation of Immediate Release Tablet of Poorly Soluble Candesartan Cilexetil. JPSBR: Volume 3, Issue 2: March April 2013 (77-90).
- Japanese pharmacopeia,Official monographs, Candesatancilexetil, fourteenth edition, part-II, 2007, page: 511-513.
- Lieberman HA, Lachman L, Schwartz JB., and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms: Tablets the theory and practice of Industrial Pharmacy,CBS publishers and distributors; Marcel Dekker Inc, New York; 1(2); 195-229.
- Michael E. Aulton, Aulton’sPharmaceuticals, The design and manufacturing of medicines, Pharmaceutical Preformulation;3(24);336-360
- Dilip. M. Raut, RavikiranAllada, K.V.Pavan, GirishDeshpande, DurvasPatil, AvinashPatil, AbhijitDeshmukh, Dilip. M. Raut1, D. M. Sakharkar1, P. S. Bodke; Dehydration of Lactose Monohydrate: Analytical and Physical Characterization,Matrix Laboratories Limited A Mylan company, R&D, Bollaram, Hyderabad, Scholars Research Library ;Der Pharmacia Lettre, 2011: 3 (5) 202-212
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 3 | July-August 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-08-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 170-175
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151215
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Vaibhav N. Nagre, Omprasad S. Niyakal, Archana R. Dhole, C.S. Magdum, "Formulation and Evaluation of Fast Dissolving Tabletes of Candesartan using Natural Excipients for the Treatment of Hypertension", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.170-175, July-August-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151215