Home > Archives > IJSRST151218
Sustainable Supply Chain in Crises Management
Authors(2) :-Marjan Mohammadjafari, Ali Reza Hatamniya
During disaster, various organizations such as Red Cross or Red Crescent are often engaged with significant problems regarding to supply chain management. Sustainable supply chain management is defined as a collaboration between partners along supply chain to manage materials, information and capital flow for an achievement of sustainability along with environmental, economic and social dimensions. The aim of this paper is to develop a new framework for identifying the effect of sustainability concept on supply chain during emergency condition. Having a meticulous and thorough approach in this stage during the system averts technical and financial issues during the engagement with emergency condition and operational stages. In this paper, a VIKOR approach is utilized to find the best compromise solution. The most appropriate path way to improve the supply chain management towards sustainability regarding to ICS in emergency management was identified.
Marjan Mohammadjafari, Ali Reza Hatamniya
Sustainable Supply Chain, disaster, Crisis Management, Emergency Management, ICS.
- Adetunji, I., Price, A. D. F. And Fleming, P., 2008. Achieving sustainability in the construction supply chain. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers Engineering Sustainability 161-172.
- Boersma, K., Comfort, L., Groenendaal, J. & Wolbers, J., 2014. Editorial: Incident command systems: A dynamic tension among goals, rules and practice. Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management, 22 (1), 1-4.
- Halldorsson, A., Kotzab, H. & Skjott-Larsen, T., 2009. Supply chain management on the crossroad to sustainability: A blessing or a curse? Logistics Research, 1 (2), 83-94.
- Ho, J.C., Shalishali, Maurice K., Tseng, Tzu-Liang (Bill)., Ang, David. And Auburn, S. , 2009. Opportunities in green supply chain management. The Coastal Business Journal 8(1), 202-211.
- Jahan, A., Ismail, M.Y., Sapuan, S.M. & Mustapha, F., 2010. Material screening and choosing methods - a review. Materials & Design, 31 (2), 696-705 Available from: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/B6TX5-4X08777-2/2/7b504dbf2cbbd4a45e56c001e2d221b4.
- Kapucu, N., 2006. Interagency communication networks during emergencies boundary spanners in multiagency coordination. The American Review of Public Administration, 36 (2), 207-225.
- Kapucu, N., Arslan, T. & Demiroz, F., 2010. Collaborative emergency management and national emergency management network. Disaster Prevention and Management, 19 (4), 452-468.
- Kaya, T. & Kahraman, C., 2010. Multicriteria renewable energy planning using an integrated fuzzy vikor & ahp methodology: The case of istanbul. Energy, 35 (6), 2517-2527 Available from: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/B6V2S-4YRPMT0-2/2/7d7a40ee6735287cc1f4352286759be4.
- Kremers, J., Rietjens, B., Voordijk, H. & De Boer, S.J., 2010. Construction contracting and civil-military interaction. Construction Management and Economics, 28 (8), 871-883 Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01446191003762256 [Accessed 2011/09/19].
- Lindell, M.K., Perry, R.W., Prater, C. & Nicholson, W.C., 2006. Fundamentals of emergency management: FEMA.
- Linton, J.D., Klassen, R. & Jayaraman, V., 2007. Sustainable supply chains: An introduction. Journal of Operations Management, 25 (6), 1075-1082.
- Mccullen, P. & Towill, D., 2002. Diagnosis and reduction of bullwhip in supply chains. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 7 (3), 164-179.
- Mcgrath, C.G. & Hall, C.J., Year. Standardizing incident command system training internationally in the public and private sectored.^eds. International Oil Spill Conference ProceedingsAmerican Petroleum Institute, 300322.
- Minner, S., 2003. Multiple-supplier inventory models in supply chain management: A review. International Journal of Production Economics, 81, 265-279.
- Mohamad, M., Ibrahim, R. & Nekooie, M., 2014. A new method for evaluating the current collaborative teamwork environment within the malaysian construction industry. International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management, 9 (4), 265-275.
- Opricovic, S. & Tzeng, G.-H., 2002. Multicriteria planning of post-earthquake sustainable reconstruction. Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, 17 (3), 211-220 Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/1467-8667.00269.
- Opricovic, S. & Tzeng, G.-H., 2004. Compromise solution by mcdm methods: A comparative analysis of vikor and topsis. European Journal of Operational Research, 156 (2), 445-455 Available from: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/B6VCT-484SPB6-8/2/e150143717827405f1712462790115ca.
- Opricovic, S. & Tzeng, G.-H., 2007. Extended vikor method in comparison with outranking methods. European Journal of Operational Research, 178 (2), 514-529 Available from: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/B6VCT-4JFHF3F-3/2/70006635422bac3a355ec1e6e3987da4.
- Parrillo, S., Bail, J., Arora, R. & Arora, P., 2013. Incident command systems. Disaster Management: Medical Preparedness, Response and Homeland Security, 153.
- Rahman, M., Khan, S.M., Chowdhury, M., Huynh, N., Ogle, J., Dey, K.C. & Bhavsar, P., Year. Incident command system strategies for incident management on freeways: A simulation analysised.^eds. Transportation Research Board 94th Annual Meeting.
- Sanayei, A., Farid Mousavi, S. & Yazdankhah, A., 2010. Group decision making process for supplier selection with vikor under fuzzy environment. Expert Systems with Applications, 37 (1), 24-30 Available from: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/B6V03-4W7YXRH-6/2/52aa4892a4af379fc97d8d18d7c65422.
- Schreiber, M., Pfefferbaum, B. & Sayegh, L., 2012. Toward the way forward: The national children's disaster mental health concept of operations. Disaster medicine and public health preparedness, 6 (02), 174-181.
- Singhry, H.B., Rahman, A.A. & Imm, S.N.S., 2014. The potential moderating role of supply chain capabilities on the relationship between supply chain technology and concurrent engineering in product design. International Journal of Supply Chain Management, 3 (2).
- Smith, J., Levy, M.J., Hsu, E.B. & Lee Levy, J., 2012. Disaster curricula in medical education: Pilot survey. Prehospital and disaster medicine, 27 (05), 492-494.
- Tah, J. & Carr, V., 2001. Towards a framework for project risk knowledge management in the construction supply chain. Advances in Engineering Software, 32 (10), 835-846.
- Vrijhoef, R. & Koskela, L., 2000. The four roles of supply chain management in construction. European Journal of Purchasing & Supply Management, 6 (2000), 169-178 Available from: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/B6VGR-412RWK0-4/2/ae426efd963dc68d307af45caa3f7b7a.
- Zhang, M. & She, L., 2014. Incident command system in china: Development and dilemmas evidence from comparison of two cases. Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management, 22 (1), 52-57.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 3 | July-August 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-08-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 16-20
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151218
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Marjan Mohammadjafari, Ali Reza Hatamniya, "Sustainable Supply Chain in Crises Management", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.16-20, July-August-2015
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151218