Home > Archives > IJSRST151222
Comparision of MPC and PID Controls of Sirnak Water Supply Network System
Authors(1) :-Bekir Cirak
This paper determines application of a model predictive control (MPC) technique to improve the behavior of the water network supply system, to maintain stable operation of the water flow rate, and reduce operational cost by manipulating the pump speed. The MPC algorithm is one of the most common automatic control system that has got a wide spread application at industry process. MPC, especially, is suitable for controlling these type systems. MATLAB Packaged Program is used for water supply system at Sirnak-Turkey. In this study, a single input single and output linear model of a water supply system designed and compared between by MPC and PID controls.
A simulation of MPC Control algorithms for coating process is applied and results of simulations were discussed. The simulations of algorithms are computeted at MATLAB Packaged Program. The water demand increased due to population growth, industrial development and economic developments so; needs of water transfer management and designed new operation water supply systems. The results determine that MPC controls satisfied better performance then PID control, moreover, the MPC controls can be modified to handle the constraints which applied on the system.
(MPC) Model Predictive Control; PID; Matlab; Constraints; Water Supply System
- N. G. N. Mohammed, A. Abdulrahman, Water Supply Network System Control based on Model Predictive Control, Proceedings of the Intern. Multi Conference of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2009; 2, Hong Kong
- Cembrano, G., Wells, G., Quevedo, J., Perez, R., and Argelaguet, R., Optimal control of a water distribution network in a supervisory control system. 2000; 1177-1188.
- Creasey JD (1988) Pump Scheduling in Water Supply: More Than a Mathematical Problem. In: B Coulbeck and CH Orr (eds.) Computer Application in Water Supply. Systems Optimization and Control. 2:279-289.
- Ilyas Eker, Tolgay Kara, Operation and control of a water supply system, ISA Transaction, 42; 1 - 13, 2003.
- Dawkins, J and Briggs, P. A. N, A method for using weighting functions as system description in optimal control,’ IFAC Symposium on Self-Adaptive Control Systems, 1965, Teddington.
- C. R. Cutler, B. L. Ramaker, Dynamic matrix control algorithm, AIChE 86th National Meeting. Houston, TX, 1978.
- Cunha MC, Sousa J, Water distribution network design optimization, Simulated annealing approach. J. Water Resour. Planning and Manage. 1999; 4: 215-226.
- Mousavi, H. and Ramamurthy, A. S., Optimal design of multi-reservoir systems for water supply. Adv. Water Resour. 2000; 23: 613-624.
- Jowitt PW, Germanopoulos G, Optimal pump scheduling in water-supply, Asce J. Water Resour. Planning and Manage. 1992; 118: 406-422.
- M. Mackay, M. Thomson and M. Soufian, Multivariable Model Predictive Control and Its Performance in The Presence of Inexact Modeling, Inst. Meas. Control, International Symposium: The application of Multivariable System Techniques, March, University of Bradford, 1994; 293-308.
- Rahul Shridhar, Douglas J. Cooper, A Tuning Strategy for Unconstrained SISO Model Predictive Control, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res.1997; 36: 729-746.
- Y. P. Gupta, Control of Integrating Processes Using Dynamic Matrix Control, Institution of Chemical Engineers Trans IChemE, 1998; 76: 465-470.
- D. W. Clarke, C. Mohtadi, P. S. Tuffs, Generalised predictive control - Part II, extensions and interpretations, Automatica, 1987; 23: 149-160.
- D. W. Clarke, C. Mohtadi, P. S. Tuffs, Generalised predictive control - Part I, the basic algorithm, Automatica, 1998; 2: 137-148.
- M. A. Henson, Non-linear model predictive control: current status and future directions, Computers and Chemical Engineering, 1998; 2: 187-202.
- Cirak B,“Model predictive control for robot manipulators of puma type using a neural network model”, Internat?onal Journal of Mult?disciplinary Research and Development, Volume 2 Issue 3 Part B, pp.89-93, 2015
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 2 | May-June 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-06-26
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 28-36
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151222
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Bekir Cirak, "Comparision of MPC and PID Controls of Sirnak Water Supply Network System", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 2, pp.28-36, May-June-2015
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151222