Home > Archives > IJSRST1512233
Evaluation the effect of pomegranate pulp of mixed Alag type with cow manure on Eisenia fetida worms
Authors(4) :-Hassan Allahyari, Ahmad Gholamalizadeh Ahangar, IB-Shirmohammadi, TA-Hadad
In order to use produced pomegranate pulp in food industry, it is better to consume these remnants to produce organic fertilizers such as Vermicomposting. In this experiment after drying and grinding, pomegranate with ratios of 50%, 40%, 30%, 20%, 10% and control (without pomegranate pulp) mixed with cow manure. Then 100 Eisenia fetida mature earthworms were added to each six experimental unit. These experimental units were kept at 25 ËšC, 75% moisture â€“holding capacity of water during 80 days. The results showed that higher percentages of pomegranates pulp prevent E. fetidaâ€™s proliferation and development and it disrupts vermicomposting. Maximum pomegranate pulp which does not reduce E. fetida wormsâ€™ population is its 30% density. To accelerate the vermicomposting process, it is better that pomegranate pulp density is between 10% to 20%, because it is less effective on wormsâ€™ proliferation and development.
Hassan Allahyari, Ahmad Gholamalizadeh Ahangar, IB-Shirmohammadi, TA-Hadad
Pomegranate Pulp, Proliferation, Cow Manure, Vermicomposting, Eisenia Fetida
- Aira M, Monroy F, Dominguez J. 2006. C to N ratio strongly affects population structure of Eisenia fetida in vermicomposting systems. European Journal of Soil Biology. 42,127-131.
- Alikhani H. 2006. Physical and chemical properties compared to conventional composting (cold) and vermicomposting. Soil, environment and sustainable development Congress.
- Alikhani H. 2006. To Evaluate the potential use of waste wood and paper industries (Chouka) including bark, sawdust and debris as part of the cost of raw materials in the production process of vermicomposting fertilizer. Soil, environment and sustainable development Congress.
- Antoun N, Tsimidou M. 1997. Gourmet olive oils: stability and consumer acceptability studies. Food Res Int.30,131-136.
- Atiyeh RM. 2000. Changes in biochemical properties of cow manure during processing by earthworm(Eisenia andrei,Bouche) and the effects on seedling growth. Pedobiologia. 44,709-724.
- Bhattacharjee G, Chaudhuri PS. 2002. Cocoon production, morphology, hatching pattern and facundity in seven tropical earthworm species - a laboratotry -based investigation. J. Biosci. 27, 283-294.
- Bowman H, Reinecke A. 1991. A defined medium for the study of growth and reproduction of earthworm Eisenia fetida (oligochaeta).J. Biol-Fertil-Soils. 10, 4, 285- 289.
- Card AB, Anderson JV, Davis JG. 2004. Vermicomposting Horse Manure. Colorado State University Cooperative Extension No, 1.224.
- Dickerson GW. 2001.Vermicomposting. Extention Horticulture Specialist. Cooperative Extension Service. College of Agriculture and Home Economic. Guide, H-164.
- Ebadi Z. 2005. The possibility of raising earthworms (Eisenia fetida) and vermicompost production using different agricultural waste. Agricultural science. pp, 99-109.
- Edwards CA, Lofty JR. 1972. Biology of Earthworms. Chapman and Hall, London.
- Farhush R.2003. Extraction, purification and identification of the main antioxidant faction of Noroozak leaf and its characteristics. PhD dissertation in Engineering Food Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad.
- Gu LX, Weng X.2001. Antioxidant activity and components of Salvia plebeia R.BV. achinese herb. Food Chem. 73(3), 299-305
- Haimi J, Huhta V. 1987. Comparison of compost produced from identical wastes by "vermistabilization" and comventional composting. Pedobiologia. 30, 2,137-144
- 15Kale RD, Mallesh BC, Bano K. 1992. Influence of vermicompost application on the available macronutrients and selected microbial populations in a paddy field. J. Soil- Biol - Biochem. 24, 12, 1317-1320.
- Kaya A, Tekin A R, Oner MD. 1993. Oxidative stability of sunflower and olive oils: comparison between a modified active oxygen method and long term storage. Lebensm. Wiss. Technol. 26,464-468
- Mirjalili A. 2003. Recognition of pomegranate. 1st edition. Publishing of agricultural education, p.235.
- Mohamed HM,. Awatif I. 1998.The use of sesame oil unsaponifiable matter as anatural antioxidant.Food Chem. 62, 269-276.
- Mohd Z, A. Abdul-Hamid A. 2002. Antioxidative activity of extracts from Mengkuda (Morinda citrifoloa L.) root, fruit and leaf. Food Chem. 78, 227-231.
- Onur C, Pekmezci M, Tibet H, Erkan M, Kuzu, S.1995. Investigations on pomegranate storage. 2nd National Horticulture Congress. Adana, Turkey. Cukurova University, 696-700.
- Rienecke AJ, Vilijoen SA. 1990. The influence of feeding patterns on growth and reproduction of the vermicomposting earthworm Eisenia fetida (Oligochaeta). Biol- Fertil- Soils.10, 3, 184-187.
- Garcia MC, Suarez-Estrella F, Lopez MJ, Moreno J. 2010. Microbial population dynamics and enzyme activities in composting processes with different starting materials. Waste Management, 30, 771-778.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 3 | July-August 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-07-07
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 01-04
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1512233
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Hassan Allahyari, Ahmad Gholamalizadeh Ahangar, IB-Shirmohammadi, TA-Hadad, "Evaluation the effect of pomegranate pulp of mixed Alag type with cow manure on Eisenia fetida worms", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.01-04, July-August-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1512233