Home > Archives > IJSRST151226
Case Study on Improving Overhaul Performance of CAT 3412 Marine Engine by Six Sigma Program
Authors(3) :-Chin-Chiuan Lin, Chang-Jiang Lee, Liang-Yu Chueh
Present study developed improving steps of overhaul process of CAT 3412 marine engine which conducted by Six Sigma program. The research procedure includes four stages: analyze the current status, establish improve steps, implement improve step, and confirm improved status after implement improve step. The wastes of overhaul plant was confirmed and the improving steps was established after analyze the current status. After implement the improving steps, the overhaul workforce efficiency was increased about 14% and increased about 4% of profit. The results were confirmed that the overhaul performance of marine engine can be improved by the improving steps which conducted by six sigma program.
Chin-Chiuan Lin, Chang-Jiang Lee, Liang-Yu Chueh
Overhaul Performance, Marine Engine, Six Sigma Program.
- Bicheno, J., 2004. The new lean toolbox: toward fast, flexible flow, 3rd edition, PICISIE Books.
- Hunter, S. l., 2003. An introduction to a lean production system, FDM Management, 75(13): 58-60.
- Kerin, R.A. and Sethuraman, R., 1998. Exploring the brand value-shareholder value nexus for consumer goods companies, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Sciences, 26: 260-273.
- Kwak,Y.H. and Anbari, F.T., 2006. Benefits, obstacles, and future of six sigma approach , Technovation, 26(5-6): 708-715.
- Majchrzak, A. and Wang, Q., 1996. Breaking the functional mind-set in process organizations, Harvard Business Review, 74(5): 93-99.
- McDonald, T.N., 2004. Analysis of worker assignment policies on 102 production line performance utilizing a multi-skilled workforce, Blacksburg, Virginia.
- Monden, Y., 1983. Toyota production system, Industrial Engineering Management Press.
- Panizzolo, R., 1998. Applying the lessons from lean manufacturers- the relevance of relationships management, International Journal of Production Economics , 55: 223-240.
- Shah, R. and Ward, P.T, 2003. Lean manufacturing: context, practice bundles, and performance, Journal of Operations Management, 21: 129-149.
- Takahiro, F., 1999. The evolution of a manufacturing system at Toyota, New York: Oxford University Press.
- Tan, K., Kannan, V.R., Handfield, R.B. and Ghosh, S., 1999. Supply chain management: an empirical study of its impact on performance, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 19(10): 1034-1052.
- Volpe, C.E., 1996. The impact of cross-training on team functioning: an empirical investigation, Human Factors, 38(1): 87-100.
- Womack, J.P. and Jones, D.T., 1994. From lean production to the lean enterprise, Harvard Business Review, 72(2): 93-103.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 2 | May-June 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-07-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 85-89
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151226
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Chin-Chiuan Lin, Chang-Jiang Lee, Liang-Yu Chueh, "Case Study on Improving Overhaul Performance of CAT 3412 Marine Engine by Six Sigma Program ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 2, pp.85-89, May-June-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151226