Home > Archives > IJSRST151229
Data Swapping in Cloud Computing
Authors(1) :-Sachida Nanda Barik
In the modern era of fast computing data storage and data retrieval is occurred due to cloud computing. Cloud computing is a pool of computing resources available on demand with the use of internet. it is a term used for the consumption of utility computing resources. it is used to maximize the effectiveness of the shared resources which is currently available on cloud. it relaxes the companies from investing money on heavy infrastructure rather they can used the same resources on shared basis..in the wide use of cloud computing threat comes to storage of data in the cloud server as it not known to the cloud user where there data will be stored they usually reluctant to store their data on cloud. to gain their trust cloud providers are facilitating various user confidentiality methods to stored their data..one technology is being used is data swapping. it is a strategy for protecting the micro data confidentially which is yet to be released. the purpose of data swapping is to create uncertainty in the minds of the intruder. it is a method to adjust the data values by swapping fraction of records between the records so that the intruder won't get the actual data rather gets scrambled data.
Cloud Computing, Computing Data Storage, Erp, Mis, Cloud Storage Server, Infrastructure As A Service, Platform As A Service
- Jensen, Meiko, et al. "On technical security issues in cloud computing." Cloud Computing, 2009. CLOUD'09. IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2009.
- Mell, Peter, and Tim Grance. "The NIST definition of cloud computing." National Institute of Standards and Technology 53.6 (2009): 50.
- Shlomo, Natalie, Caroline Tudor, and Paul Groom. "Data swapping for protecting census tables." Privacy in statistical databases. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2010.
- Gomatam, Shanti, Alan F. Karr, and Ashish P. Sanil. "Data swapping as a decision problem." JOURNAL OF OFFICIAL STATISTICS-STOCKHOLM- 21.4 (2005): 635.
- Skinner, Chris J., and M. J. Elliot. "A measure of disclosure risk for microdata." Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: series B (statistical methodology) 64.4 (2002): 855-867.
- Moore Jr, Richard A. "BUREAU OF THE CENSUS STATISTICAL RESEARCH DIVISION."
- Wang, Jian, et al. "Providing privacy preserving in cloud computing." Test and Measurement, 2009. ICTM'09. International Conference on. Vol. 2. IEEE, 2009.
- Swapping, Categorical Data. "NISS." (2003).
- Krenzke, Tom, et al. "Data Coarsening and Data Swapping Algorithms."
- Reiss, Steven P. "Data-swapping--A technique for disclosure control." J. Statistical Planning and Inference 6.1 (1982): 73-85.
- Fienberg, Stephen E., and Julie McIntyre. "Data swapping: Variations on a theme by dalenius and reiss." Privacy in statistical databases. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2004.
- Datta, Souptik. On random additive perturbation for privacy preserving data mining. Diss. University of Maryland, 2004.
- Carlson, Michael, and Mickael Salabasis. "A data-swapping technique using ranks a method for disclosure control." Research in Official Statistics 6.2 (2002): 35-64.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 2 | May-June 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-06-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 52-56
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151229
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Sachida Nanda Barik, "Data Swapping in Cloud Computing", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 2, pp.52-56, May-June-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151229