Home > Archives > IJSRST1512325
Compared Computational Performances of EFG Meshfree Metod for One-Dimensional Elastic Problem Analysis
Authors(2) :-Prof. Sanjaykumar D. Ambaliya, Prof. Tushar P. Gundaraniya
Mesh free (MF) methods are among the breed of numerical analysis technique that are being vigorously developed to avoid the drawbacks that traditional methods like Finite Element method (FEM) possess. The Element Free Galerkin (EFG) method is a meshless method in which only a set of nodes and a description of model's boundary are required to generate the discrete equations. EFG approach is based on global weak form of governing differential equation and employs Moving Least Square (MLS) approximants to construct shape functions. While deriving solution with EFG, following selectable parameters affect solution accuracy and computational efforts: Order of monomial basis function and weight function selection in MLS approximants, size of influence domain, uniform and non uniform node distribution, number of Gauss points in integration cells. The computational performance of meshfree Moving Least Squares technique when solving the Galerkin weak form of one-dimensional elastic problem is tested against exact analytical solution and mesh-based Finite Element Method. In the present paper, selectable parameters are studied to check its influence on solution accuracy in EFG and suggest near optimal selection. Finally, when EFG results are compared with standard FEM solution, it is found that EFG displacements are more accurate than FEM.
Prof. Sanjaykumar D. Ambaliya, Prof. Tushar P. Gundaraniya
EFG, MLS Shape Functions, Weight Functions, Meshfree, Matlab, Monomial Basis, Size Of Influence Domain.
- Liu G. R., 2004, “Mesh Free Methods: moving beyond the finite element method”, Ed. CRC Press, Florida,USA,
- T. Belytschk O, Y.Y.Lu And L.GU, "An Introduction to Programming the Meshless Element Free Galerkin Method" International journal for numerical methods in engineering, VOL. 37, 229-256 (1994).
- T. Belytschko,Y. Krongauz, D. Organ, "Meshless Methods: An Overview and Recent Developments" May 2, 1996.
- J. Dolbow, T. Belytschko, "Numerical integration of the Galerkin weak form in meshfree methods" Computational Mechanics 23 (1999) 219-230 Ó Springer-Verlag 1999.
- S. D. Daxini and J. M. Prajapati, "A Review on Recent Contribution of Meshfree Methods to Structure and Fracture Mechanics Applications" Scientific World Journal Volume 2014, Article ID 247172, 13 pages
- "An Introduction to Meshfree methods and their Programming" by G.R. LIU, 2005.
- "From Weighted Residual Methods
Element Methods" by Lars‐Erik Lindgren, 2009.
- "Meshfree and Generalized Finite Element Methods" by Habilitationsschrift, 2008
- "MATLAB Codes for Finite Element Analysis" by A.J.M. Ferreira, 2009
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 1 | March-April 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 35-42
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1512325
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Prof. Sanjaykumar D. Ambaliya, Prof. Tushar P. Gundaraniya, "Compared Computational Performances of EFG Meshfree Metod for One-Dimensional Elastic Problem Analysis", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 1, pp.35-42, March-April-2015
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1512325