Home > Archives > IJSRST151237
A New Pharmacoscintigraphic Technique for the Evalution of Pharmacokinetic Processes
Authors(3) :-Swapnil S. Patil, Lalita B.Patil, Swapnil D. Patil
In last few years for developing new chemical moiety or drug more time and more money is required. Also more energy is required to investigate the new molecule and to study its in-vitro analysis. A lot of time is been invested in study of pharmacokinetic parameters in the body. It includes study of absorption, distribution, metabolisam and excerition. Dissolution study is important for in-vitro analysis of data or release of drug in the formulation and by using blood sampling and urine analysis in-vivo study is carried out. But this method requires much more time for analyzing data. Now we can save our time, money and energy by using a new pharmacoscintigraphic technique. A pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study of newly investigated drug is carried out by using pharmacoscintigraphic technique. If any dosage form is administered by the body by any intended route then this body is scanned under gamma cameras and thus it can give whole information about rate,extent,site and mode of drug release. A new drug delivery systems are also evaluated by pharmacoscintigraphic technique.
Swapnil S. Patil, Lalita B.Patil, Swapnil D. Patil
Pharmacokinetic study, in-vitro, in-vivo analysis, pharmacoscintigraphy
- Marvola, J. 2008. Neutron Activation-based Gamma Scintigraphic Imaging and Scintigraphy-based Pharmacokinetic Modelling of Per Oral Controlled Release Drug Delivery
- Saha G B. Fundamentals of Nuclear Pharmacy. III Edition, Springer Verlag Publications, New Delhi, 5:31-167, 2003
- Director Institute of Nuclear Medicine & Allied Sciences (INMAS) Brig. S. K. Mazumdar Marg, Delhi 110054
- Griffith, GH, Owen, GM, Kirkman, S, Shields, R. Measurement of rate of gastric emptying using chromium-51. Lancet 1966. 1:1244-1245.
- Casey, DL, Beihn, RM, Digenis, OA, Shambhu, MB. Method for monitoring hard gelatin capsule disintegration times in humans using external scintigraphy. J Pharm Sci 1976. 65:1412-1413
- Davis, J, Burton, J, Connor, AL, MacRae, R, Wilding, IR. Scintigraphic study to investigate the effect of food on a HPMC modified release formulation of UK-294,315. J Pharm Sci 2009. 98:1568-1576.
- Hou, SYE, Cowles, VE, Berner, BE. Gastric retentive dosage forms: A review. Crit Rev ther Drug carrSyst 2003. 20:461-497.
- Hilton, JE. Delivering drugs to the colon using COLAL- a modified-release delivery system. Eur J Parent Pharm Sci 2008. 13:43-49.
- Newman, SP. Optimizing delivery of drugs to the lungs. Clin Asthma rev 1998. 2:123-128.
- Newman, SP, Wilding, IR, Hirst, PH. Human lung deposition data: the bridge between in vitro and clinical evaluations for inhaled drug products? Int J Pharm 2000. 208:49-60.
- Snell, NJ, Ganderton, D. Assessing lung deposition of inhaled medications. Consensus statement from a workshop of the British Association for Lung Research, held at the Institute of Biology, London, U.K. on 17 April 1998.Respir Med 1999. 93:123-133.
- Newman, SP, Pitcairn, GR, Dalby, RN. Drug delivery to the nasal cavity: in vitro and in vivo assessment. Crit Rev Ther Drug Carr Syst 2004. 21:21-66.
- Suman, JD, Laube, BL, Dalby, R. Nasal nebulisers versus aqueous nasal spray pumps: a comparison of deposition patterns in human volunteers. Resp Drug Del VI 1998. 211-218.
- Note for Guidance on the investigation of bioavailability and bioequivalence. Committee for Proprietary Medicinal Products (CPMP), The European Agency for the Evaluation of Medicinal Products (EMEA). London, 26 July 2001.
- Guidance for industry. Bioavailability and bioequivalence studies for orally administered drug products-general considerations. US Dept of Health and Human Services, FDA. Centre for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER). March 2003.
- Guideline on the requirement for clinical documentation for orally inhaled products (OIP) including the requirements for demonstration of therapeutic equivalence between two inhaled products for use in the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Committee on Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP), The European Medicines Agency (EMA). London, 18 October 2007.
- O’Connor, D, Adams, WP, Chen, ML. Role of pharmacokinetics in establishing bioequivalence for orally inhaled drug products: Workshop summary report. J Aer Med Pul Drug Del 2011. 24:119-135.
- Critical path opportunities for generic drugs. Office of Generic Drugs. Office of Pharmaceutical Science. Centre for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER). 1 May 2007.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 3 | July-August 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-08-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 21-24
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151237
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Swapnil S. Patil, Lalita B.Patil, Swapnil D. Patil, "A New Pharmacoscintigraphic Technique for the Evalution of Pharmacokinetic Processes", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.21-24, July-August-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151237