Home > Archives > IJSRST151262
Parameters Analysis Characterizing the EFG Meshfree Metod for Two-Dimensional Elastic Beam Problem
Authors(3) :-Prof. Sanjaykumar D. Ambaliya, Prof. Ketan D. Panchal, Prof. Hemal N. Lakdawala
The Finite Element Method (FEM) is well established for modelling complex problems for engineering problems in various fields. However, the difficulty of meshing and remeshing of complex structural elements in several classes of problems is the main drawback that FEM possess. To prevent this drawback, Mesh Free numerical techniques have been developed in such a way that the mesh is not more necessary to discretize the problem, and the trial functions are constructed entirely in terms of a set of nodes without the necessity of element descretization for the construction of the equations. Element Free Galerkin method (EFG) is one of the most interesting meshless methods which is based on global weak form of governing differential equation and employs Moving Least Square (MLS) approximants to construct shape functions. To implement this technique, it is necessary to characterize the significant parameters like, order of monomial basis function, weight function selection in MLS approximants, the size of influence domain, uniform and non-uniform node distribution, number of Gauss points in integration cells. In this paper, the EFG method has been extended to solve elasto-static beam problem in plane stress cases for node distribution scheme, number of Gauss points in integration cells. For implementation and solution, a MATLAB program has been developed to verify the accuracy of the proposed meshless method and results are compared with exact analytical solutions.
Prof. Sanjaykumar D. Ambaliya, Prof. Ketan D. Panchal, Prof. Hemal N. Lakdawala
EFG, MLS Shape Functions, Weight Functions, Meshfree, Matlab, Monomial Basis, Size Of Influence Domain.
- Liu G. R., 2004, "Mesh Free Methods: moving beyond the finite element method", Ed. CRC Press, Florida,USA,
- T. Belytschk O, Y.Y.Lu And L.GU, "An Introduction to Programming the Meshless Element Free Galerkin Method" International journal for numerical methods in engineering, VOL. 37, 121-256 (1994).
- T. Belytschko,Y. Krongauz, D. Organ, "Meshless Methods: An Overview and Recent Developments" May 2, 1996.
- J. Dolbow, T. Belytschko, "Numerical integration of the Galerkin weak form in meshfree methods" Computational Mechanics 23 (1999) 219-230 Springer-Verlag 1999.
- S. D. Daxini and J. M. Prajapati, "A Review on Recent Contribution of Meshfree Methods to Structure and Fracture Mechanics Applications" Scientific World Journal Volume 2014, Article ID 247172, 13 pages
- "An Introduction to Meshfree methods and their Programming" by G.R. LIU, 2005.
- "From Weighted Residual Methods?to Finite?Element Methods" by Lars?Erik Lindgren, 2009.
- "Meshfree and Generalized Finite Element Methods" by Habilitationsschrift, 2008
- "MATLAB Codes for Finite Element Analysis" by A.J.M. Ferreira, 2009
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 2 | May-June 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-06-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 114-121
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151262
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Prof. Sanjaykumar D. Ambaliya, Prof. Ketan D. Panchal, Prof. Hemal N. Lakdawala, "Parameters Analysis Characterizing the EFG Meshfree Metod for Two-Dimensional Elastic Beam Problem", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 2, pp.114-121, May-June-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151262