Home > Archives > IJSRST151312
Applied GIS in Assessment Water Quality Modeling in the Malacca River.
Case Study: Introduction to Research Study
Authors(2) :-Ang Kean Hua, Faradiella Mohd Kusin
A research study documents the process of examination, using experimentation or investigation to discover and interpret on certain topic for the purpose of increasing the understanding of an issue. The main purposes of research study are to help people to understand and solve problems, communicate ideas and information to the public, help researchers to make decisions through data collection, and develop new knowledge for humankind. Research may be divided into the first stage (problem statement, research questions, hypothesis or objectives), second stage (literature review, research design, instrumentation, preliminary study), and third stage (data collection, data analysis or research findings, preparation of reports). The problem statement of this study involves river water pollution, while the objective of the study is to assess river water quality in the Malacca River, to determine major source and the factors contributing to river pollution, and to determine a spatial decision support system (SDSS) for minimizing water pollution in the Malacca River. The research design involves a quantitative approach (experimental methods), which collects primary data (water sample from Malacca River and GPS data information) and secondary data (water sample from government, GIS map-based data, and RS data). This data will be grouped together and undergo the analysis process of GIS and RS to develop SDSS. Information and results provided will become answers to the objective and determination of achievement of the research study. Therefore, this study provides new information for other researchers to perform more in depth research according to their field of study.
Ang Kean Hua, Faradiella Mohd Kusin
Research study, water quality, GIS, RS, SDSS
- APHA Official Portal (2015). Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater. Retrieved from http://www.mwa.co.th/download/file_upload/SMWW_1000-3000.pdf
- Bittner, M. (2013). The World’s Most Polluted River. EHS Journal. Retrieved from http://ehsjournal.org/http:/ehsjournal.org/michael-bittner/the-worlds-most-polluted rivers/2013/
- Chua, Y.P. (2011). Kaedah dan statistic penyelidikan: kaedah penyelidikan. Mcgraw-Hill Education.
- Cresswell, J.W. (2002). Educational research: Planning, conducting, and evaluating quantitative. Prentice Hall.
- Department of Environment (2012). Malaysia Environmental Quality Report 2012.
- Department of Town and Country Planning (2015). World Heritage City. Retrieved from http://www.jpbdmelaka.gov.my/bandarwarisan.html
- Hua, A.K. (2014). Potensi instrumen moral dalam melestarikan sumber air di Malaysia-Kajian kes Sungai Melaka. Geografia Malaysian Journal of Society and Space. 10(5), 44-55
- Hua, A.K. (2015). Sistem Informasi Geografi (GIS): Pengenalan kepada perspektif komputer. Geografia Malaysian Journal of Society and Space. 11(1), 24-31.
- Hua, A.K. (2015). Perspektif asas penderiaan jauh. Geografia Malaysian Journal of Society and Space. 11(2), 77-86.
- Hua, A.K. & Kusin, F.M. (2015). Remote Sensing towards Water Quality Study in Malacca River. Case Study: A Review Perspective. International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology. 1(2), 9-25.
- Jabar, B.H. (August 09, 2010). Melaka: Longkang tercemar. Berita Harian. Retrieved from http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/articles/Melaka_Longkantercemar/Article/.
- Melaka State Govenrment Official Portal (2015). Interesting Places: Value of History. Retrieved from http://www.melaka.gov.my/en/pelancongan/tempat-tempat-menarik/nilai-sejarah
- Melaka State Govenrment Official Portal (2015). Interesting Places: Recreation. Retrieved from http://www.melaka.gov.my/en/pelancongan/tempat-tempat-menarik/rekreasi
- National Geographic Official Portal (2015). Water Pollution. Retrieved from http://environment.nationalgeographic.com/environment/freshwater/pollution/
- Nasbah, N. N. (January 23, 2010). Sungai Melaka tercemar. Utusan. Retrieved from http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/info.asp?y=2010&dt=0123&sec=Selatan&pg=ws_01tm.
- Shuttleworth, M. (2008). Definition of Research. Experiment Resource.
- Webster, M. (2006). Merriam-Webster online dictionary.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 3 | July-August 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-08-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 70-74
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151312
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Ang Kean Hua, Faradiella Mohd Kusin, "Applied GIS in Assessment Water Quality Modeling in the Malacca River.
Case Study: Introduction to Research Study
", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.70-74, July-August-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151312