Home > Archives > IJSRST151314
A Novel 110KV Fault Current Limiter for Improving The Reliability of A Substation
Authors(2) :-Kadir Ahmed Dafedar, Waseem Ahmed Halwegar
In this paper, superconducting fault current limiter (FCL) is used as a novel technology for reducing the high fault currents and enhancing the security of 110kV substation. The model of 110kV substation is developed using the Matlab simulation program. The model is used to study at normal condition and short circuit analysis with the Matlab software. In the model of the FCL its major components, operation control algorithm, sequence of events and fault detection techniques are developed. The reduction of the fault currents are studied at the buses of suspected high fault currents by installing the FCL. The waveform obtained is for with and without FCL and comparison is done for the result. The transmission line is considered for the fault analysis using Fault Current Limiter with and without. The simulation results obtained have demonstrated the effectiveness of FCL in improving the system performance, reliability and security.
Kadir Ahmed Dafedar, Waseem Ahmed Halwegar
Power system, substation, fault detection and system security, FCL, sequence activation algorithm, transient model.
- P. G. Slade, et al, "The Utility Requirements for A Distribution Fault Current Limiters", IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 7, No. 2 April 1992 507-515.
- M. S. El Moursi, and Roshdy Hegazy “Novel Technique for Reducing the High Fault Currents and Enhancing the Security of ADWEA Power System”, IEEE Trans Power system, vol.28, no.1, Feb 2013.
- V. Manish, “Comprehensive overview, behavioral model and simulation of a fault current limiter,” Master of Science in Electrical Engineering thesis, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, 2009.
- Mathias Noe, Andrej Kudymow, Stefan Fink, Steffen Elschner, Frank Breuer, Joachim Bock, Heribert Walter, Martin Kleimaier, Karl-Heinz Weck, Claus Neumann, Frank Merschel, Bernd Heyder, Ulrich Schwing, Christian Frohne, Klaus Schippl, and Mark Stemmle “Conceptual Design of a 110 kV Resistive Superconducting Fault Current Limiter Using MCP-BSCCO 2212 Bulk Material,” IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, vol.17, no.2, June 2007.
- Naxan, Tenth EPRI Superconductivity Conference Mathias Noearlsruher Institut für Technologie & Joachim Bock, Achim Hobl, udith Schramm Nexans SuperConductors GmbH EPRI 2011 October11-13, 2011.
- Study of position of SFCL for maximum fault current limiter for power systems protection, Sachin Trankatwar, Dr.S.L.Nalbalwar, Dr. A.B.Nandgaonkar, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 4, Issue 7, July-2013 866 ISSN 2229-5518.
- J.Bock, M. Bludau,R.Dommerque,A.Hobl, S. Kraemer, M. O. Rikel, and S. Elschner, “HTS fault current limiters—First commercial devices for distribution level grids in Europe,” IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 1202–1205, Jun. 2011.
- Analysis of Positioning of Superconducting Fault Current Limiter in Smart Grid Application S. Srilatha , Dr.K.Venkata Reddy PG-Student, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engg.JNT University, Kakinada, India Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engg, JNT University, Kakinada, India, IJAIR.
- Kovalsky, L., Yuan, X., Tekletsadik, K., Keri, A., Bock, J. and Breuer, F., ”Applications of superconducting fault current limiters in electric power transmission systems,” IEEE Trans. on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 15, No. 2, June 2005.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 4 | September-October 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-11-05
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 299-306
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151314
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Kadir Ahmed Dafedar, Waseem Ahmed Halwegar, "A Novel 110KV Fault Current Limiter for Improving The Reliability of A Substation", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.299-306, September-October-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151314