Home > Archives > IJSRST151331
Employment and Unemployment Scenario of Jammu and Kashmir
Authors(1) :-Aasif Hussain Nengroo
The unemployment problem in the State of Jammu and Kashmir has reached alarming dimensions which is ever increasing every passing year with thousands of educated and uneducated youth getting added to the list of unemployment largely due to economic distress and mismatch. In a latest survey released by Labour Bureau under Union Ministry of Labour and Employment, Jammu and Kashmir State has emerged as having highest unemployment rate in Northern India. So on the bases of secondary sources the present paper tries to analyse the situation of employment and unemployment in Jammu and Kashmir. We found unlike structural transformation theory, occupational pattern of the J&K State have shifted from Primary sector to Services Sector, without undergoing the development of the Secondary sector. Also our results show that the problem of Unemployment is more prevalent amongst females in the State of J&K.
Unemployment, Employment, Jammu and Kashmir, Educated Youth.
- Chaudhari, Subhanil (2011) "Employment in India: What does the Latest Data Show?" Economic and Political Weekly, August 6.
- Government of J&K (Various Years), Economic Survey, Srinagar, Directorate of Economics and Statistics.
- Government of J&K (various issues) "Digest of statistics"; Directorate of Economics and Statistics.
- Misra, S.K & V.K. Puri (2013) "Indian Economy", Himalaya Publishing House, New Delhi.
- Nengroo, A. H., Khan, B. A., & Bhat, A. S. (2011) "An Empirical Analysis of the Child Labor in the Carpet Industry of Kashmir: Some Major Findings". Journal of Education and Practice, 2(4), 66-72.
- NSSO, (Various Years) "Surveys on Employment and Unemployment", Various Rounds, New Delhi, National Sample Survey Organisation.
- Papola, T.S. (2005) "Emerging Structure of Indian Economy: Implications of Growing Inter-sectoral Imbalances", Presidential Address, 88th Annual Conference of The Indian Economic Association, Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam.
- World Bank (2010) India’s Employment Challenge, Creating Jobs, Helping Workers, New Delhi, Oxford University Press and the World Bank.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 3 | July-August 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-08-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 133-139
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151331
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Aasif Hussain Nengroo, "Employment and Unemployment Scenario of Jammu and Kashmir", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 3, pp.133-139, July-August-2015
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151331