Home > Archives > IJSRST151390
Physico-Chemical Analysis of Ground Water Samples of Selected Villages of Mahesana Region of Gujarat State
Authors(1) :-D. N. Joshi
The present work is aimed at assessing) for the ground water of Mahesana region. This has been determined by collecting ground water sample and subjective the samples to a comprehensive physico-chemical analysis. The following 9 parameters have been considered; pH, total hardness, calcium, magnesium, bicarbonate, chloride, carbonate, sodium, total dissolved solids. The results of analysis have been used to suggest models for predicting water quality. The analysis reveals that the groundwater of the area needs some degree of treatment before consumption.
Groundwater, Water quality standards, Water quality index, India.
- T. Subramani, L. Elango & S. R. Damodarasamy., Environ. Geol., 2005; 47, 1099.
- Olajire & Imeokparia., 2001., Prasad, 1984.
- R. E. Raja, Lydia Sharmila, J. Princy Merlin & G. Chritopher., Indian J Environ Prot., 2002, 22(2), 137.
- P. R. Patil, S. R. Badgujar & A. M. Warke., Oriental J Chem., 2001, 17 (2), 283.
- N. Kumar., Ecol. Env & Cons., 1997, 3, 3.
- H. B. Mahananda, M. R. Mahananda, & B. P. Mohanty., Ecol. Env & Cons., 2005, 11(3-4), 537.
- P. D. Moore, Jr. T. C. Daniel, J. T. Gilmour, B. R. Shereve, D. R. Edward, & B. H. Wood., J. Env.Qual., 1998, 27, 92.
- C. C. Harilal, A. Hashim, P. R. Arun & S. Baji & J. Ecology., Envirionmental and Conservation., 2004, 10(2), 187.
- B. K. Purandara, N. Varadarajan & K. Jayashree., poll Res., 2003, 22(2), 189.
- S. Gupta, A. Kumar, C. K. Ojha & G. Singh., J Environmental Science and Engineering., 2004, 46(1), 74.
- N. Kumarswamy., J pllut Res., 1999, 10(1), 13.
- APHA (American public Health Association) Standard methods for examination of water and waste water, NW, DC 1994, 20036.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 4 | September-October 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 340-343
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151390
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
D. N. Joshi, "Physico-Chemical Analysis of Ground Water Samples of Selected Villages of Mahesana Region of Gujarat State", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.340-343, September-October-2015
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151390