Home > Archives > IJSRST151416
Permanent Magnetic Theory and Design Methodology of Variable Field Spiral Efficient Motor
Authors(4) :-Dr. A. Rashid, Komal Saleem, Dr. Mohsin Amin, Sifat Shah
Design methodology of Permanent Magnetic Motion is presented in this work. Experimental proves are given that how magnetic energy is efficiently converted into mechanical energy. The motivation of present research is to develop efficient motor by using available magnetic energy. Spiral Efficient Motor (VFSEM) is a permanent magnetic motor which is more efficient than conventional DC motors because of more than 90% flux linkage. VFSEM possess unique characteristics from typical DC motors. Principle is based on variable stator field and electromagnetic rotor and is accomplished by varying distance; as distance is proportional to field. In the attractive mode the radial magnetic field's strength increases or in repulsive mode strength decreases as the rotor turns through one complete cycle. Variable magnetic field is applied to a finite distance after words it repeats itself hence rotor get locked between minimum and maximum field strength. In order to help the rotor to traverse the gap an electromagnet pulsed switch is used. Mathematical and experimental proof of this theory is mentioned in this work.
Dr. A. Rashid, Komal Saleem, Dr. Mohsin Amin, Sifat Shah
Permanent Magnet Motor; Variable Filed Motor; Spiral Efficient Motor
- Abdur. R, Kamran Y, Zeeshan A. ‟ Theory of Permanent Magnetic Motion and Variable Field Permanent Magnetic Motor ˮ,Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering., Dec 2012,pp. 1-11.
- Gautreau et al., McGraw H, “Modern Physics”, Schaumm’s Outline Series, 1978.
- Hartman, Emil T, U.S.Patent 4,215,330‟Permanent magnet propulsion systemˮ, December.20, 1977.
- Scott, David. “Magnetic “Wankel”for electric cars”,Popular Science, June1979 pp.80-81.
- Paul M,BSEE ‟ Magneto-electric machinesˮchap 09, 1982.
- Johnson, Howard R.,U.S. Patent 4,151,431 ‟ Permanent magnet motor ˮ, April.24, 1979.
- William J.L, U.S Patent No 4,598,221"Permanent Magnet Motor Having Rockable Rotor Magnets ", Jul. 1, 1986.
- Paul S, U.S. patent #6,954,019& #7,265,471‟ Paul Sprain’s Spiral Motor ˮ, October 11, 2005.
- Stephen J. C,“Electric machinery fundamentals” edition: 4.
- Barlow's wheel, 1822 Philosophical Magazine, 1822, vol. 5
- JacobiM.H., Mémoire sur l’Application de l’Électro-Magnétisme au Mouvement des Machines, Potsdam, Spring 1835
- Bozorth, R. M., Ferromagnetism, J. Wiley & Sons, (2003), p. 786.
- Smadi, I.A,Omori H., Fujimoto, Y."On independent position/gap control of a spiral motor" ; Dept. of Electr. & Comput. Eng., Yokohama Nat. Univ., Yokohama, Japan,. Advanced Motion Control, 11th IEEE International Workshop,2010.
- Seok M J, Sung H. L , In-Ki Y, “Design Criteria for Detent Force Reduction of Permanent Magnet Linear Synchronous Motorsˮ Electr. Eng. Dept., Chungnam Nat. Univ., Taejon, South Korea., December. 10, 2002.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 5 | November-December 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-12-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 255-263
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151416
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dr. A. Rashid, Komal Saleem, Dr. Mohsin Amin, Sifat Shah, "Permanent Magnetic Theory and Design Methodology of Variable Field Spiral Efficient Motor", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.255-263, November-December-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151416