Home > Archives > IJSRST151430
Design and Simulation of MEMS-based Z-Axis Capacitive Accelerometer
Authors(5) :-Shalu Rani, R. Mukhiya, C. C. Tripathi, B. D. Pant, Ram Gopal
In this paper, a MEMS-based Z-axis capacitive accelerometer is designed and simulated. An out-of-plane Z-axis accelerometer designed for 8 µm UV-LIGA technology for an acceleration range of ±10g. The operating voltage is 5 V DC. Simulation results show good linear characteristics in the operating range of DC-400 Hz, which is the bandwidth of the accelerometer. The simulations of the device were carried out using CoventorWare®. By using modal analysis in CoventorWare® the resonating frequency of 3.1 kHz is obtained.
Shalu Rani, R. Mukhiya, C. C. Tripathi, B. D. Pant, Ram Gopal
MEMS, Accelerometer, UV-LIGA, CoventorWare®.
- Khairun Nisa Khamil et al. (2015) “Analysis of MEMS accelerometer for optimized sensitivity” International Journal of Engineering and Technology, vol no. 6, pp. 2705-2711.
- Zohra Aziz Ali Manjiyani et al. (2014) “Development of MEMS based 3-axis accelerometer for hand movement monitoring” International Journal of Scientific and Research Publication, vol. no. 4, pp. 1-4.
- Yazdi, Navid, Farrokh Ayazi, and Khalil Najafi. (1998) "Micromachined Inertial Sensors." Proceedings of the IEEE, pp. 1640-1659.
- Krishnan, Girish, et al. (2012) "Micromachined high-resolution accelerometers." Journal of the Indian Institute of Science 87.3, pp. 333.
- Babak Vakili Amini and Farrokh Ayazi (2005) “Micro-gravity capacitive silicon-on-insulator accelerometer”, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, vol. no. 15, pp. 2113-2120.
- H. Qu, D. Fang and H. Xie. (2004) "A single-crystal silicon silicon 3-axis CMOS-MEMS accelerometer.” proceedings of IEEE Sensors, vol. No. 2, pp. 661-664.
- Benmessaoud, Mourad, and Mekkakia Maaza Nasreddine (2013) "Optimization of MEMS capacitive accelerometer." Microsystem Technologies, pp. 713-720.
- Qu, Wenmin, Christian Wenzel, and Gerald Gerlach (1999) "Fabrication of a 3D differential-capacitive acceleration sensor by UV-LIGA." Sensors and Actuators A: Physical 77.1, pp. 14-20.
- Soumendu Sinha et al. (2014) “Design and Simulation of MEMS Differential Capacitive Accelerometer” ISSS International Conference on Smart Materials, Structures and systems.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 4 | September-October 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-10-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 112-115
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151430
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Shalu Rani, R. Mukhiya, C. C. Tripathi, B. D. Pant, Ram Gopal, "Design and Simulation of MEMS-based Z-Axis Capacitive Accelerometer", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.112-115, September-October-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151430