Home > Archives > IJSRST151442
The Relationship between Attention Deficit & Hyperactivity Disorder ADHD and Learning Disabilities
Authors(1) :-D. Ahmed Elhassan Hamid Hassan
The purpose of the study was to investigate the relationship between attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder. The study adopted a descriptive survey research design. The sample of the study was 40 pupils suffering from learning disabilities. The instrument used for the study was a ADHD scale designed by the researcher, which was face and content validated by three experts. Cronbach's Alpha reliability method was adopted to determine the internal consistency of the scale, which yielded a reliability coefficient of 0.83. The data collected were analyzed using frequencies, percentage and correlation. The study indicated that there are relationship between learning disabilities and attention deficit & hyperactivity disorders, and the prevalent of attention deficit and hyperactivity disorders among learning disabilities is 87.5%.
D. Ahmed Elhassan Hamid Hassan
Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity-Learning Disabilities, Special Need
- Andersen, N., Egeland, J, & Merete. Q, (2013). Learning and Memory Impairments in Children and Adolescents with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Journal of Learning Disabilities, Vol 46, (5) pp. 453-460.
- Barkauskien, B. &Bieliauskaite, M (2002) Behavioral and emotional problems of children with learning disabilities. National Institutes of Health. Psychology Review, Vol 23 (1), pp. 81-98.
- Beth .E (2010). ADHD Children and Learning Disabilities. http://www.everydayhealth.com
- Cantwel. D & Baker. L (1991) Association between Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Learning Disorders. US national Library of Medicine. National Institutes of Health. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2010679.
- Cynthia. A, Riccio. B, Gonzalez. J & George. W (1994). Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Learning Disabilities. Learning Disability quarterly. Vol. 17, (4), pp. 311-322.
- Epstien, M. H., Cullinan, D., & Neiminen, G. (1984). Social Behavior Problems of Learning Disabled and Normal Girls. Journal of Learning Disabilities, Vol 17(10), pp. 609-611.
- Handwerk. M & Marshall. R (1998) Behavioral and emotional problems of students with learning disabilities, serious emotional disturbance, or both conditions. Journal of learning disabilities. Jul-Aug: Vol 31(4), pp. 327-338.
- Jennifer W., Stephen L. Buka. C., McCormick. M., Fitzmaurice & Alka I., (2006). Behavioral Problems and the Effects of Early Intervention on Eight-Year-Old Children with Learning Disabilities. Maternal and Child Health Journal. Vol 10, (4). pp. 329-338
- Larry B. & Silver M. (1981) the Relationship between Learning Disabilities, Hyperactivity, Distractibility, and Behavioral Problems: A Clinical Analysis. Journal of the American of child psychiatry. Vol 20, (2), pp.385-397.
- Ldad Staff (2014) Learning Disabilities and Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Idao. Learning Disabilities. Association of Ontario. http://www.ldao.ca/introduction-to-ldsadh.
- Lerner. J (2005) Learning Disabilities and Related Disorders: Characteristics and Teaching.
- Lyon G.R (1996) Learning Disabilities. The Future of Children SPECIAL EDUCATION FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES. Vol 6 (1), pp.55- 65.
- McConaughy, SH., Mattison, E., & Peterson, L. (1994) Behavioral/emotional problems of children with serious emotional disturbances and learning disabilities. Psychology Review, Vol 23(1), 81-98.
- Moats, L.C., & Lyon, G.R. (l993) Learning disabilities in the United States: Advocacy, science, and the future of the field. Journal of Learning Disabilities. Vol 26, pp. 282–94.
- Ponde, M., Cruz-F, Antonio C, & Andre A., (2012) Relationship between Learning Problems and Attention Deficit in Childhood. Journal of Attention Disorders, Vol 16 (6), pp. 505-509.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 4 | September-October 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-10-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 197-202
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151442
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
D. Ahmed Elhassan Hamid Hassan, "The Relationship between Attention Deficit & Hyperactivity Disorder ADHD and Learning Disabilities", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.197-202, September-October-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151442