Home > Archives > IJSRST151449
Recurrent Vaginal Prolapse in A Bitch
Authors(3) :-B. K. Patra, P. P. Harichandan, R. Patra
A one and half year's old Labrador bitch was brought to TVCC with the complaint of prolapse of a large mass through the vulva during oestrus. Clinical examination revealed a red, painless, semisoft and large doughnut shaped mass protruding through the vulvar lips. Based on the clinical examination and histopathology, the case was diagnosed as vaginal prolapsed and classified under type III prolapse. The protruded mass was successfully replaced surgically.
B. K. Patra, P. P. Harichandan, R. Patra
Bitch, Hyperplasia, Vagina, Xylocaine Jelly, Amoxirum
- Alexander, J. E. and Lennox, W. J. (1961). Vaginal Prolapse in a Bitch. Can Vet J. , Nov; 2(11): 428–430.
- Dr. Bari Spielman (2014). Vaginal Prolapse in Dogs DOGS, Pet place. Published: September 21, Last Modified: August 27, 2015.
- Johnston, S.D. (1989). Vaginal prolapse. Current Veterinary Therapy, 10th edn., Kirk R.W. (Ed). W. B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia. pp. 1302-1305.
- Schaefers-Okkens, A.C. (2001). Vaginal edema and vaginal fold prolapse in the bitch, including surgical management. Recent advances in Small Animal Reproduction.
- Schutte, A.P. (1967). Vaginal prolapse in the bitch. J. S Afr. Vet. Assoc., 38: 197-203.
- Wykes, P.M. (1986). Diseases of the vagina and vulva in the bitch. Current Therapy in Theriogenology: Diagnosis, treatment and prevention of reproductive diseases in small and large animals, 2nd edn., Morrow, D.A. (Ed). W.B. Saunders Co., London. pp. 476–481.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 4 | September-October 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-11-05
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 219-221
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151449
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
B. K. Patra, P. P. Harichandan, R. Patra, "Recurrent Vaginal Prolapse in A Bitch", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.219-221, September-October-2015
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151449