Home > Archives > IJSRST15145
Bioinformatics Methods for Biochemical Pathways and System Biology Analysis
Authors(2) :-Mahin Ghorbani, Hamed Karimi
The analysis of biochemical pathways and system biology has gained significance because of their role in understanding disease and drug discovery .Bioinformatics analysis of the pathways has emerged to understand the genotype-phenotype relationship on a large scale. The techniques integrate the molecular information from the databases with simulation of metabolic networks. These methods also help in representation of genes, proteins and metabolic pathways in combination with dynamic simulated environment. In this paper we reviewed some applicable bioinformatics tools for analytical study of three types of pathways such as metabolic, genetics and signalling pathways along with the information about their principle, work system and their direct access link to the databases and programs. This study helps scientists in fast, economic, high accuracy and large scale based outputs of pathways analysis of their appropriate research involving the biochemical pathways. Bioinformatics tools listed in this paper are named as RegulonDB, WIT,UM-BBD, EcoCyc, MetaCyc, Enzyme and metabolic pathways database, KEGG, KEGG BRITE, Gene network database, Gene path SPAD, STCDB, TRANSPATH Netpath, Signal link2.0.
Mahin Ghorbani, Hamed Karimi
Bioinformatics Tools, Analytical Study, Biochemical Pathways, System Biology
- Rastogi .S. C., Rastogi P and Mendiratta N.,2008. Bioinformatics Methods and Applications: Genomics Proteomics And Drug Discovery PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd.
- Cascante M, Boros LG, Comin-Anduix B, de Atauri P, Centelles JJ, Lee PW., 2002.Metabolic control analysis in drug discovery and disease. Nat Biotechnol., 20(3):243-9.
- Davidov E, Holland J, Marple E, Naylor S.,2003 . Advancing drug discovery through systems biology. . Drug Discov Today., 8(4):175-83.
- Dandekar T, Sauerborn R.,2002. Comparative genome analysis and pathway reconstruction.Pharmacogenomics.,3(2):245-56.
- RegulonDB (version 4.0): transcriptional regulation, operon organization and growth conditions in Escherichia coli K-12., Nucleic Acids Res.,1:32(Database issue):D303-6.
- Overbeek R, Larsen N, Pusch GD, D'Souza M, Selkov E Jr, Kyrpides N, Fonstein M, Maltsev N, Selkov E.2000. : integrated system for high-throughput genome sequence analysis and metabolic reconstruction. ... Nucleic Acids Research ., 28:123-125
- Ellis LB, Roe D, Wackett LP.,2006. The University of Minnesota Biocatalysis/Biodegradation Database: the first decade., Nucleic Acids Res. 1:34(Database issue):D517-21
- Caspi et al 2014, "The MetaCyc database of metabolic pathways and enzymes and the BioCyc collection of Pathway/Genome Databases," Nucleic Acids Research 42:D459-D471.
- Selkov E., Basmanova S., Gaasterland T., Goryanin I., Grechkin Y., Maltsev N., Nenashev V., Overbeek R., Panyushkina E., Pronevich L., Sel'kov E., Jr., Yunus I., 1996.The Metabolic Pathway Collection from EMP: The Enzymes and Metabolic Pathways Database," Nucleic Acids 24 (1), 26-28.
- Kanehisa M, Goto S. 2000. KEGG: kyoto encyclopedia of genes and genomes. Nucleic Acids Res.;28(1):27-30.
- Aoki-Kinoshita KF, Kanehisa M., 2007. Gene annotation and pathway mapping in KEGG. Methods Mol Biol., 396:71-91.
- Zupan B, Bratko I, Demsar J, Juvan P, Curk T, Borstnik U, Beck JR, Halter J, Kuspa A., 2003 .GenePath: a system for inference of genetic networks and proposal of genetic experiments. Artif Intell Med. ;29(1-2):107-30
- Tateishi N., Shiotari,H., Kuhara,S., Takagi,T. and Kanehisa,M., 1995. An integrated database SPAD (Signaling PAthway Database) for signal transduction and genetic information. Genome informatics workshop, December 11-12. Yokohama, Japan
- Chen M, Lin S and Hofestaedt R .,2004. STCDB: Signal transduction Classification Database .Nucleic Acids Research, 40(1): D1187-D1193.
- 15Krull M, Voss N, Choi C, Pistor S, Potapov A, Wingender E ., 2003.TRANSPATH: an integrated database on signal transduction and a tool for array analysis.. Nucleic Acids Res. 1;31(1):97-100.
- Kandasamy, K. and Mohan, SS. et al. 2010. NetPath: A public resource of curated signal transduction pathways. Genome Biology. 11:R3.
- Fazekas D, Koltai M, Türei D, Módos D, Pálfy M, Dúl Z, Zsákai L, Szalay-Bekő M, Lenti K, Farkas I J, Vellai T, Csermely P, Korcsmáros T .,2013. SignaLink 2.0 - A signaling pathway resource with multi-layered regulatory networks, BMC Systems Biology., 7:7.
- Ghorbani M and Karimi H.,2014.Ten bioinformatics tools for single nucleotide polymorphism detection, American Journal of Bioinformatics .,3 (2): 45.48
- Ghorbani M and Karimi H. Cyclin-Dependent Kinases as valid targets for cancer treatment. Journal of Pharmacy Research 2015,9(6),377-382
- Ghorbani M, Karimi H, 'Ion Channels Association with Diseases and their Role as Therapeutic Targets in Drug Discovery', International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), 1(3):65-69,July-August 2015.
- Ghorbani M, Karimi H, 'Role of Aquaporins in Diseases and Drug Discovery', International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST),1(3):60-64, July-August 2015
- Ghorbani M, Karimi H, 'Role of G-Protein Coupled Receptors in Cancer Research and Drug Discovery', International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology (IJSRST),1(3), pp.122-126, July-August 2015.
- Ghorbani, karimi H, 'Role of Biomarkers in Cancer Research and Drug Development', International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST),1(3), pp.127-132, July-August 2015
- Ghorbani M, Karimi H, 'Role of Microarray Technology in Diagnosis and Classification of Malignant Tumours', International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), 1(3):117-121, July-August 2015
- Ghorbani M. Karimi H, Bioinformatics Approaches for Gene Finding ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST),1(4), pp.12-15, September-October-2015
- Ghorbani, M. "Iranian traditional medicine for treatment of type II diabetes, anxiety and hypertension with introduction of zebrafish model system for their screening. International Journal of Herbal Medicine 2014; 2 (5): 13-19
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 4 | September-October 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-10-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 75-79
Manuscript Number : IJSRST15145
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Mahin Ghorbani, Hamed Karimi, "Bioinformatics Methods for Biochemical Pathways and System Biology Analysis", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.75-79, September-October-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST15145