Home > Archives > IJSRST151450
Neutral Zone in Complete Dentures
Authors(6) :-Dr. Nibha Kumari Singh, Dr. Lakshmana Rao Bathala, Dr. S. V. Bharat Jupudy, Dr. R. Srinivasa Rao, Dr. R. Narendra Kumar, Dr. K. Sudheer
Incorrect tooth placement and arbitrary shaping of the polished surfaces may have an adverse effect on the success of the prosthesis. This is particularly true for patients with reduced mandibular residual ridges, yielding flat or concave foundations due to severe bone resorption.The neutral zone technique is an alternative technique for the construction of complete dentures with severely resorbed ridges. It is the most effective method for the management of lower denture instability. The technique is by no means new but is a valuable practical approach to clinicians.
Dr. Nibha Kumari Singh, Dr. Lakshmana Rao Bathala, Dr. S. V. Bharat Jupudy, Dr. R. Srinivasa Rao, Dr. R. Narendra Kumar, Dr. K. Sudheer
Atrophic Ridge, Index, Neutral Zone, Retention, Stability
- Beresin VE, Schiesser FJ. The neutral zone in complete dentures. J Prosthet Dent 1976;36:356-67.
- Beresin VE, Schiesser FJ. The neutral zone in complete dentures. Principles and technique. St. Louis: The C. V. Mosby Co; 1973. p.1.
- Atwood DA. Reduction of residual ridges: a major oral disease entity. J Prosthet Dent 1971;26:266-79.
- McCord JF, Grant AA. Impression making. Br Dent J 2000;188:484-92.
- Wright CR. Evaluation of the factors necessary to develop stability in mandibular dentures. J Prosthet Dent 1966;16:414-30.
- Fahmy FM, Kharat DU. A study of the importance of the neutral zone in complete dentures. J Prosthet Dent 1990;64:459-62.
- The glossary of prosthodontic terms. J Prosthet Dent 2005;94:10-92.
- Weinberg LA. Tooth position in relation to the denture base foundation. J Prosthet Dent 1958;8:398-405.
- Walsh JF, Walsh T. Muscle-formed complete mandibular dentures. J Prosthet Dent1976;35:254-8.
- Cagna DR, Massad JJ, Schiesser FJ. The neutral zone revisited: from historical concepts to modern application. J Prosthet Dent 2009;101:405-12.F. Damerau, A technique for computer detection and correction of spelling errors. Communications of the ACM, 1964, Vol. 7, Issue 3, pp. 659-664.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 4 | September-October 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-11-05
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 222-225
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151450
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dr. Nibha Kumari Singh, Dr. Lakshmana Rao Bathala, Dr. S. V. Bharat Jupudy, Dr. R. Srinivasa Rao, Dr. R. Narendra Kumar, Dr. K. Sudheer, "Neutral Zone in Complete Dentures", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.222-225, September-October-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151450