Home > Archives > IJSRST151451
Impact of Some Variables on Attitudes of Pre-service Teachers toward Using Assistive Technology among Children with Learning Disabilities in Resource Rooms
Authors(1) :-Eldood Yousif Eldood Ahmed
This study was conducted during (2014- 2015) in university of Jazan, faculty of education, department of special education. The study aimed to exploring Impact of some variables on attitudes of pre-service teachers toward using assistive technology among children with learning disabilities in resource rooms. Researcher used descriptive methods, applied attitudes of pre-service teachers toward using assistive technology questionnaire, designed by researcher used as study tool. The community of this study consisted from pre-service teachers of children with learning disabilities. Sample was chosen randomly included (33) teachers . Researcher used SPSS depends on many tests such as T-test for one sample. Finally, the results are as following: attitude of pre-service teachers toward using assistive technology among children with learning disabilities in resource rooms, is positive, age is influence on attitude of pre-service teachers toward using assistive technology, GPA is influence on attitude of pre-service teachers toward using assistive technology, age is influence on attitude of pre-service teachers toward using assistive, income is influence on attitude of pre-service teachers toward using assistive technology and background is not influence on attitude of pre-service teachers toward using assistive technology.
Eldood Yousif Eldood Ahmed
Attitudes, Pre-service Teachers, Learning Disabilities, Assistive Technology
- Al samadani. A. Hashem & Salem S. Ibnian (2015)The Relationship between Saudi EFL Students’ Attitudes towards Learning English and their Academic Achievement, Department of Education, Umm Al-Qura University, Al-Qunfudah branch, Makkah, Saudi Arabia International Journal of Education and Social Science (2) 1, January 2015, http:// www.ijessnet.com
- Alharbi. M. Asma (2013) Teacher's Attitudes towards Integrating Technology: Case Studies in Saudi Arabia and the United States, Grand Valley State University, Scholar Works and GVSU, Graduate Research and Creative Practice.
- Ali. M (2015) Using Technology in the Classroom: A Study with Turkish Pre-Service EFL Teachers, Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology - TOJET, (14)2 pp229-240, Apr 2015, http://www.tojet.net
- Ali. T; Hassouna, Mohammad; Abbasi, Muhammad Sharif & Orozco, Jorge (2015) Towards the Acceptance of RSS to Support Learning: An Empirical Study to Validate the Technology Acceptance Model in Lebanon, Electronic Journal of e-Learning, (13)1, p30-41 2015, http://academic-conferences.org/ejournals.htm
- Annelies. R; Vanderhoven, Ellen & Schellens, Tammy (2015) Increasing Anonymity in Peer Assessment by Using Classroom Response Technology within Face-to-Face Higher Education, Studies in Higher Education, (40) 1, pp178-193, 2015, http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals
- Bakr .M. Samira (2011)Attitudes of Egyptian Teachers towards Computers, Ministry of Education, Egypt Contemporary Educational Technology, 2011,( 2)4, 308-318.
- Baran. M , Baran. M & Hülya Aslan Efe (2011) Investigation of High School Student Computer Attitudes in Tearms of Certain Variables, Special Issue: Selected papers presented at WCNTSE Western Anatolia Journal of Educational Sciences (WAJES), Dokuz Eylul University Institute, Izmir, Turkey ISSN 1308-8971.
- Barbara. B & et (2015) Comparing Service Use and Costs among Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Special Needs and Typical Development, Autism: The International Journal of Research and Practice, (19)5, pp562-569, Jul 2015, http://sagepub.com
- Becker, H. J., & Ravitz, J., Wong, T. (1999) The influence of computer and Internet use on teachers’ pedagogical practices and perceptions. Journal of Research on Computing in Education, (31) 4, 356-384.
- Bert. S. Boadi-Kusi; Kyei, Samuel; Mashige, Khathutshelo Percy; Abu, Emmanuel Kwasi; Antwi-Boasiako, Daniel& Halladay, Abraham Carl(2015) Demographic Characteristics of Ghanaian Optometry Students and Factors Influencing Their Career Choice and Institution of Learning, Advances in Health Sciences Education, (20)1, p33-44 Mar 2015, http://www.springerlink.com
- Cemil. I (2015) A Digital Storytelling Study Project on Mathematics Course with Preschool Pre-Service Teachers, Educational Research and Reviews, (10)10, pp1476-1479, May 2015, http://academicjournals.org/journal/ERR
- ChanMin. K & Keller, John M.(2011)Towards Technology Integration: The Impact of Motivational and Volitional Email Messages, Educational Technology Research and Development, (59)1, p91-111 Feb 2011, http://www.springerlink.com
- Charles. K (2015) The Efficacy of Social Media Technologies in Academia: A Pedagogical Bliss or Digital Fad? International Journal of Higher Education, (4) 4, pp33-44, 2015, http://www.sciedupress.com/ijhe
- Cheng-Yao. L; Kuo, Yu-Chun & Ko, Yi-Yin (2015)Pre-Service Teachers' Perceptions and Beliefs of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge on Algebra, Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching, (34) 3, p327-344, Jul 2015, http://www.aace.org
- Daniel. S; Mengestle, Missaye & Abate, Gebeyehu (2015) A Comparative Study on Power Point Presentation and Traditional Lecture Method in Material Understandability, Effectiveness and Attitude, Educational Research and Reviews, (10)2, p234-243, Jan 2015, http://academicjournals.org/journal/ERR
- Darren. P; J-F; Swabey, Karen; Abadooz, M.& Sing, Termit Kaur Ranjit (2015) Malaysian University Students' Use of Mobile Phones for Study Australian Educational Computing, (30) 1, 2015, http://www.acce.edu.au
- De Witte, K.; Haelermans, C.& Rogge, N. (2015) The Effectiveness of a Computer-Assisted Math Learning Program, Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, (31)4, p314-329 Aug 2015, http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA
- Emily C. Bouck; Meyer, Nancy K.; Satsangi, Rajiv; Savage, Melissa N.& Hunley, Megan (2015) Free Computer-Based Assistive Technology to Support Students with High-Incidence Disabilities in the Writing Process, Preventing School Failure, (59)2, pp90-97, 2015, http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals
- Faruk. Ö. Vural (2015) Positive and Negative Aspects of Using Social Networks in Higher Education: A Focus Group Study, Educational Research and Reviews, (10)8, p1147-1166 Apr 2015, http://academicjournals.org/journal/ERR
- Francis. D. Dermot, Donnelly & Anne. H (2015) Using Collaborative Technology to Enhance Pre-Service Teachers' Pedagogical Content Knowledge in Science, Research in Science & Technological Education, (33) 1, pp61-87, 2015, http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals
- Gerhard. S; Sadler, Philip M.; Sadler, Samuel M.& Bressoud, David M. (2015) The Impact of Instructor Pedagogy on College Calculus Students' Attitude toward Mathematics, International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology, (46)3, p370-387 2015, http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals
- Hamonangan. T (2014) Factors Affecting Teachers' Competence in the Field of Information Technology, International Education Studies, (7) 12, p70-75 2014, http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/es
- Helena. B (2014) The Effects of Role Modeling on Technology Integration within Physical Education Teacher Education, JTRM in Kinesiology, Jun 2014, http://www.sports-media.org/index.php/jtrm-in-kinesiology
- Jake. H; Boyle, Christopher & Anderson, Joanna (2015) Inclusive Education in Pre-Schools: Predictors of Pre-Service Teacher Attitudes in Australia, Teachers and Teaching: Theory and Practice, (21) 8, p974-989, 2015, ttp://www.tandf.co.uk/journals
- Jamali. I (1988) Exposure, attitudes, motivation and achievement in ESL among Malay learners : a socio-psycholinguistic study. PhD thesis, University of Sheffield.
- Jeong. H. Kim; Jang, Hwan Young (2015)Motivating Pre-Service Teachers in Technology Integration of Web 2.0 for Teaching Internships, International Education Studies, (8)8, p21-32, 2015, http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/es
- John. H; Miller, Judith (2015) Preparing Pre-Service Primary School Teachers to Assess Fundamental Motor Skills: Two Skills and Two Approaches, Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy, (20) 4, pp397-408, 2015, http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals
- Jonas. H; Elvstrand, Helene; Hellberg, Kristina (2015) Gender and Technology in Free Play in Swedish Early Childhood Education, International Journal of Technology and Design Education, (25)2, p137-149 May 2015, http://www.springerlink.com
- Kodai. K; Frederiksen, Sarah; Jones, LeAnne; Kobayashi, Michiko; Mukoyama, Yui; Yamagishi, Taku; Sadaki, Kengo & Ishizuka, Hiroki (2013)The Effects of ICT Environment on Teachers' Attitudes and Technology Integration in Japan and the U.S.
- Larry. C. Cuban & Petar. J (2015) The Dubious Promise of Educational Technologies: Historical Patterns and Future Challenges, E-Learning and Digital Media, (12)3-4, pp425-439 May-Jul 2015, http://sagepub.com
- Liping. D & Judith .N. Tavares (2015) Exploring University Students' Use of Technologies beyond the Formal Learning Context: A Tale of Two Online Platforms, Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, v31 n3 p313-327 2015, http://www.ascilite.org.au/ajet
- Lisa A. Pufpaff ; Mcintosh, Constance E.; Thomas, Cynthia; Elam, Megan & Irwin, Mary Kay(2015) Meeting the Health Care Needs of Students with Severe Disabilities in the School Setting: Collaboration between School Nurses and Special Education Teachers, Psychology in the Schools, (52) 7, p683-701 Aug 2015, http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA.
- Mehmet. S; White, Arthur L.(2015) Teachers' Perceptions Related to Characteristics of a Professional Environment for Teaching, EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science & Technology Education, (11)3 559-575, Jun 2015, http://www.ejmste.com
- Mehmet. T(2015) Examining Pre-Service Teacher Views on the Implementation of Screen-Based Writing Instruction, International Electronic Journal of Elementary Education, (7) 2, p235-252, Mar 2015, http://www.iejee.com
- Momani. M. (2009). The Jordanian Secondary Stage students Achievement in Reading Comprehension accordingto their views towards Learning English as a Foreign Language. Journal of Human Sciences, 42, 1-36. http://www.ulum.nl/The%20Jordanian.pdf
- Nicholas. L; Lux, Christine (2015)The Influence of Technology-Rich Early Childhood Field Experiences on Preservice Teachers, Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, (23) 2, p213-240 Apr 2015, http://www.aace.org
- Orachorn. K (2015) EFL Learners' Attitudes towards Using Computers as a Learning Tool in Language Learning, Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology - TOJET, (14) 2, pp52-58, Apr 2015, http://www.tojet.net
- Pajares, F., & Miller, M.D. (1994). Role of self-efficacy and self- concept beliefs in mathematical problem solving: A path analysis. Journal of Educational Psychology, 86, 193-203.
- Ru-Si. C (2015)The Impacts of Workplace Advantage, Learning Intentions, and Technology Skills on the Use of Information Technology-Assisted Instruction by Early Childhood Pre-Service Teachers, Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology - TOJET, (14)2 p206-218, Apr 2015, http://www.tojet.net
- Shane N. Phillipson; Cooper, David G.& Phillipson, Sivanes (2015) Flip, Feedback and Fly: Using Loop to Enhance the Professional Experience of Initial Teacher Education, Australian Journal of Teacher Education, (40 )8, Aug 2015, http://ro.ecu.edu.au/ajte/
- Swan, K. & Hofer, M. (2011). In search of technological pedagogical content knowledge: Teachers initial foray into podcasting in economics. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, (44) 1, 75-98
- Timothy. T; Fan, Xitao & Du, Jianxia (2015)Technology Acceptance among Pre-Service Teachers: Does Gender Matter? Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, (31)3, p235-251, 2015, http://www.ascilite.org.au/ajet
- Tony. G; Kriner, Richard; Sima, Adam; McDonough, Jennifer; Wehman, Paul (2015) Reducing the Need for Personal Supports among Workers with Autism Using an iPod Touch as an Assistive Technology: Delayed Randomized Control Trial, Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, (45)3 pp669-684, Mar 2015, http://www.springerlink.com
- Ulrika. E; Linnanmäki, Karin; Aunio, Pirjo (2015) Educational Support for Low-Performing Students in Mathematics: The Three-Tier Support Model in Finnish Lower Secondary Schools, European Journal of Special Needs Education, (30)1, p75-92 2015, http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals
- Wayne. W. Yu,; Lin, Chunfu Charlie; Ho, Mei-Hsin & Wang, Jenny (2015)Technology Facilitated PBL Pedagogy and Its Impact on Nursing Students' Academic Achievement and Critical Thinking Dispositions, Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology - TOJET, (14) 1, p97-107, Jan 2015, http://www.tojet.net
- Williams. J. Carol (2015)An Investigation of K-12 Teachers’ Attitudes toward Computer Technology use in Schools. Business Administration, Stillman College, Journal of Business & Economic Policy . (2)1 , March 2015,p71.
- Yeona. J (2015) Convenience Matters: A Qualitative Study on the Impact of Use of Social Media and Collaboration Technologies on Learning Experience and Performance in Higher Education, Education for Information, (31) 1-2, p73-98 2015.
- Yong-Ming. H (2015) Exploring the Factors That Affect the Intention to Use Collaborative Technologies: The Differing Perspectives of Sequential/Global Learners, Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, (31) 3, p278-292, 2015, http://www.ascilite.org.au/ajet
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 4 | September-October 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-11-05
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 207-218
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151451
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Eldood Yousif Eldood Ahmed, "Impact of Some Variables on Attitudes of Pre-service Teachers toward Using Assistive Technology among Children with Learning Disabilities in Resource Rooms", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp.207-218, September-October-2015
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151451