Home > Archives > IJSRST151516
Students' Perception to Psychological Counselling Services at Omdurman Islamic University in Khartoum State-Sudan
Authors(3) :-Eldood Yousif Eldood Ahmed, Husain Abdallah Ahmed, Eman Elkheir Awad
This study was conducted during (2012- 2013) in Omdurman Islamic University, Khartoum State-Sudan. The study aimed to investigating the student perception toward psychological counseling services. Researchers used descriptive methods, by applied psychological counseling services questionnaire which designed by researchers. The community of this study consisted of (950) students. Sample was chosen randomly included (61) students included male (29) and female (32). The researchers used statistical package for social sciences program (SPSS). Also, the researcher used a number of statistical processes which are: T-test for one sample, T-test for independent sample, one way analysis of variance (ANOVA). Finally, the results are following: The level of psychological counseling services according to the view of Omdurman Islamic university student, is significant differences in view of students about psychological counseling services according to the gender, no significant differences in view of students about psychological counseling services according to the place of residence, no relationship between the view of students about psychological counseling services and age variable.
Eldood Yousif Eldood Ahmed, Husain Abdallah Ahmed, Eman Elkheir Awad
Perception, Psychological Counseling, Counseling Services.
- Adebayo I. Onabule & Susan R. Boes (2013)International Students' Likelihood to Seek Counseling While Studying Abroad, Journal of International Students, v(3) n1 p52-59 Spr 2013, http://jistudents.org
- Ashley M. Ackerman , Richard.A. Wantaz, Michael. W. Firmin, Dawn. C. Poindexter @ Amita.L. Pujara (2014)Mental Health Service Providers: College Student Perceptions of Helper Effectiveness, Professional Counselor, v(4) n1 p49-57 2014, http://tpcjournal.nbcc.org
- Beidoğlua. M, Dincyurekb. S & Akintugb. Y (2015)The opinions of school counselors on the use of information and communication technologies in school counseling practices: North Cyprus schools. Computers in Human Behavior, v(52), 2015, P 466–471.
- Bett. C. Judith & Sigilai. M. Richard (2013) ptions between Head Teachers and Teacher Counselors of the Effectiveness of Peer Counseling Among Students in Public Secondary Schools in Molo Sub-County, Kenya. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science V(3) n10 , May 2013.
- Blanca E. Arteaga (2015)Applying Cultura in the Community College Counseling Practice, Community College Journal of Research and Practice, v(39)n8 p708-726 2015, http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals
- Bo Young. C, Hee. J. Lee, Areum. K, Daeyeon. C. Boram & Min. S. Lee (2013)The Economic Value of Career Counseling Services for College Students in South Korea, Career Development Quarterly, v(61) n2 p168-178 Jun 2013, http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA
- Brian M. Shaw, Theodore.P. Remley , Christine. W (2014)The Preparation of Master's-Level Professional Counselors for Positions in College and University Counseling Centers, Journal of College Counseling, v(17) n3 p236-248 Oct 2014, http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA
- Byrne, J. Stephen& Shufelt, Brett(2014)Factors for Personal Counseling among Counseling Trainees, Counselor Education and Supervision, v(53)n3 p178-189. Sep 2014, http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA
- Chemba. R (2009)Gender Issues in Counseling and Guidance in Post-Primary Education - Advocacy Brief, Bangkok: UNESCO Bangkok, 2009.
- Christopher J. Quarto (2011)Influencing College Students' Perceptions of Videocounseling, Journal of College Student Psychotherapy, v(25)n4 p311-325 2011, http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals
- Christopher. B & Lawrence I. Marks (2001) College men's affective reactions to individual therapy, psychoeducational workshops, and men's support group brochures: The influence of gender-role conflict and power dynamics upon help-seeking attitudes. Psychotherapy: Theory, Research, Practice, Training, v (38)n3 , 2001, 297-305.
- Delila. O, Tiffany. A. Stewart & Rhonda. M. Bryant (2011)Urban African American Males' Perceptions of School Counseling Services, Urban Education, v46 n2 p165-177 Mar 2011, http://sagepub.com
- Delila. O; Tiffany A. Stewart & Rhonda M. Bryant (2012)Urban African American High School Female Adolescents' Perceptions, Attitudes, and Experiences with Professional School Counselors: A Pilot Study, Georgia School Counselors Association Journal, v(18) n1, p34-41 Nov 2011, http://www.gaschoolcounselors.com
- Eric S. Davis & Mary Ann. Clark (2012)Elementary School Counselors' Perceptions of Reality Play Counseling in Students' Relationship Building and Problem-Solving Skills, Journal of School Counseling, v(10) 11, 2012 , http://jsc.montana.edu
- Eunju. Y& David A. Jepsen (2008)Expectations of and Attitudes toward Counseling: A Comparison of Asian International and U.S. Graduate Students, International Journal for the Advancement of Counseling, v30 n2 p116-127 Jun 2008, http://www.springerlink.com
- Fred. L; Radhika. R & Stephen P. Hinshaw (2010)Mental Illness Stigma as a Mediator of Differences in Caucasian and South Asian College Students' Attitudes toward Psychological Counseling, Journal of Counseling Psychology, v(57)n4 p484-490 Oct 2010, http://www.apa.org/publications
- Gašević. R. Gabrijela (2015) The challenges of creating the treatment readiness scale for youths taking part in mandatory psychosocial counseling, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Education and Rehabilitation Sciences, Croatia, Children and Youth Services Review, v(54), July 2015, Pages 8–19.
- Geoff. J. Bathje, Eunha. K , Ellen. R , Aam. M. Bassiouny & Taehoon. K (2014)Attitudes toward Face-to-Face and Online Counseling: Roles of Self-Concealment, Openness to Experience, Loss of Face, Stigma, and Disclosure Expectations among Korean College Students, International Journal for the Advancement of Counseling, v(36) n4 p408-422 Dec 2014, http://www.springerlink.com
- Geoffrey J. Palmer; Ransford W. Palmer & Jacqueline.P (2012)Evolution of Counseling in Jamaica: Past, Present, and Future Trends, Journal of Counseling & Development, v(90) n1 p97-101 Jan 2012http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA
- Ghaleb. A (2013)Transition Services for Students with Mild Intellectual Disability in Saudi Arabia, Education and Training in Autism and Developmental Disabilities, v48 n4 p531-544 Dec 2013, http://daddcec.org/Publications/ETADDJournal.aspx
- Ginger L. Dickson; David A. Jepsen & Phillip W. Barbee (2008)Exploring the Relationships among Multicultural Training Experiences and Attitudes toward Diversity among Counseling Students, Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development, v(36)n2 p113 Apr 2008, http://www.counseling.org
- Janeé M. Steele & Glinda J. Rawls (2015) Quantitative Research Attitudes and Research Training Perceptions among Master's-Level Students, Counselor Education and Supervision, v(54) n2 p134-146 Jun 2015 , http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA
- Jennifer M. Foster; Monica. L &Tracy S. Hutchinson (2014)Students' Perspectives on Gatekeeping in Counselor Education: A Case Study, Counselor Education and Supervision, v53 n3 p190-203 Sep 2014, http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA
- Joshua C. Watson (2006)Student-Athletes and Counseling: Factors Influencing the Decision to Seek Counseling Services, College Student Journal, v(40)n1 p35-42 Mar 2006 http://www.projectinnovation.biz/csj.html
- Kathleen M. Hutchinson (2012)Predictors of College Students' Dating Violence Perceptions and Help-Seeking Recommendations, Pro Quest LLC, Ph.D. Dissertation, The University of Akron, http://www.proquest.com/en-US/products/dissertations/individuals.shtml
- Lagena Arlette. L. Bradley (2010)Helping Prepare Community College Students to Make the Transition from College to Work, Pro Quest LLC, Ph.D. Dissertation, Mississippi State University, http://www.proquest.com/en-US/products/dissertations/individuals.shtml
- Marjorie. S. Star (2010)Teachers' Perceptions of Students' Needs for Family Counseling and Attitudes toward School-Based Family Counseling, Pro Quest LLC, Ph.D. Dissertation, Capella University, http://www.proquest.com/en-US/products/dissertations/individuals.shtml
- Maynard. C &Michael Wiederman(1997)Undergraduate students' perceptions of child sexual abuse: Effects of age, sex, and gender-role attitudes,Child Abuse & Neglect, v(21)n9 , September 1997, Pages 833–844.
- Meral. A (2014) Atici, Meral(2014)Examination of School Counselors' Activities: From the Perspectives of Counselor Efficacy and Collaboration with School Staff,Educational Sciences: Theory and Practice, v(14) n6 , p2107-2120 2014, http://www.edam.com.tr/estp.asp
- Mia. O; Damian. H & Kobitta. H (2014)Racial Disparities, Perceptions, and Evaluations: Counseling Model Choice and the Florida College System, Community College Journal of Research and Practice, v(38) n12, p1142-1156 2014, http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals
- Mine. A; Baris. Y & Ismet. K (2014)Opinions of Counselor Candidates Regarding Counseling Skills Training, Educational Sciences: Theory and Practice, v(14) n3 p879-886 2014 http://www.edam.com.tr/estp.asp
- Nagalakshmi. D. Kasarabada, Hser. Y, Sharon. M. Boles & Huang. C.Yu(2002) Do patients' perceptions of their counselors influence outcomes of drug treatment? Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, v(23)n4, December 2002, Pages 327–334
- Nathalie. N (2010)Alternative Programs: Assuring Graduation for High School Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disabilities, Pro Quest LLC, Ph.D. Dissertation, Capella University, http://www.proquest.com/en-US/products/dissertations/individuals.shtml
- Neeta. K, Fowell. H, Kraemer. M. Smothers & Stephen. R. Wester (2011)The Exploration of Role Induction as a Potential Method for Improving Men's Perceptions of Career Counseling, Career Development Quarterly, v(59) n3 p219-231 Mar 2011, http://www.ncda.org
- Nelson. L. Mary (1933) A current perspective on gender differences: plications for research in counseling. Journal of Counseling Psychology, v(40)n2 ,Apr 1993, 200-209.
- Ojeda. L & Lisa Y. Flores (2011)The Influence of Gender, Generation Level, Parents' Education Level, and Perceived Barriers on the Educational Aspirations of Mexican American High School Students. Article first published online: 23 DEC 2011.
- Paul G. Banikiotes & Thomas V. Merluzzi (1981)Impact of counselor gender and counselor sex role orientation on perceived counselor characteristics. Journal of Counseling Psychology, v(28)4,Jul 1981, 342-348.
- Peiwei. L; Wong, Y. Joel & Paul. T (2013)Asian International Students' Willingness to Seek Counseling: A Mixed-Methods Study, International Journal for the Advancement of Counseling, v(35) n1, p1-15 Mar 2013, http://www.springerlink.com
- Qi. S; Xi. L& Wade. L(2014)Students' Perceptions of School Counselors: An Investigation of Two High Schools in Beijing, China, Professional Counselor, v(4) n5, p519-530 2014Web site: http://tpcjournal.nbcc.org
- Renee L. Lopez & Jacob J. Levy (2013)Student Athletes' Perceived Barriers to and Preferences for Seeking Counseling, Journal of College Counseling, v(16) n1, p19-31 Apr 2013, http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA
- Repetto. E(2002) ROSS-CULTURAL COUNSELING: PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS, Orientación y Sociedad , 2002, v(3)p2,12.
- Robert. B. Hwang & James. B (2014)international Students' Utilization of Counseling Services, College Student Journal, v(48)n3 p347-354 Fall 2014, http://www.projectinnovation.biz/csj.html
- Sarika R. Parasuraman& Leiyu. S (2014)The Role of School-Based Health Centers in Increasing Universal and Targeted Delivery of Primary and Preventive Care among Adolescents, Journal of School Health, v(84)n8 p524-532 Aug 2014, http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA
- Shali. Wu & Keysar. B (2007)The Effect of Culture on Perspective Taking, The University of Chicago, Association for Psychological Science, v(18)n 7,p601.
- Sibel. D& Gulen.U(2012)Conduct of Psychological Counseling and Guidance Services over the Internet: Converging Communications, Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology - TOJET, v(11) n3 p77-81 Jul 2012, http://www.tojet.net
- Sung-Kyung. Y, Sehee. H , Nanhee. S & Karen. M. O'Brien (2014)Working Alliance as a Mediator and Moderator between Expectations for Counseling Success and Counseling Outcome among Korean Clients, Asia Pacific Education Review, v(15)n2, p271-281 Jun 2014, http://www.springerlink.com
- Timothy A. Hanchon &, Lori N. Fernald (2013)The Provision of Counseling Services among School Psychologists: An Exploration of Training, Current Practices, and Perceptions, Psychology in the Schools, v(50) n7, p651-671 Aug 2013, http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA
- Tracy M. Lara; William B. Kline & Donald. P (2011)Attitudes Regarding Career Counseling: Perceptions and Experiences of Counselors-in-Training, Career Development Quarterly, v(59) n5 p428-440 Sep 2011, http://www.ncda.org
- Walter. C, Susan. S. Edgar-Smith, Ruth. B. Palmer, Stephaine. C , David. D.& Weihe. C (2015)An Examination of In-Service Teacher Attitudes toward Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Implications for Professional Practice, Current Issues in Education, v(18) n2 May 2015, http://cie.asu.edu
- Wyndolyn M. A. Ludwikowski, David. V ,Ian. P. Armstrong & John. M(2008)Helping Counselor Trainees Overcome Barriers to Seeking Help, Journal of Humanistic Counseling, Education and Development, v(47) n1, p71 Spr 2008, http://www.counseling.org
- Yii-Nii. L (2012)female Veteran Counselors Regarding Student Characteristics and Resultant Service Strategies in Taiwan, College Student Journal, v(46) n4, p730-747 Dec 2012, http://www.projectinnovation.biz/csj.html
- Yilfashewa. S (2011)Revitalizing Quality Using Guidance Counseling in Ethiopian Higher Education Institutions: Exploring Students' Views and Attitudes at Haramaya University, Online Submission, International Journal of Instruction v(4) n2 p161-192 Jul 2011.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 5 | November-December 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-12-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 42-51
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151516
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Eldood Yousif Eldood Ahmed, Husain Abdallah Ahmed, Eman Elkheir Awad, "Students' Perception to Psychological Counselling Services at Omdurman Islamic University in Khartoum State-Sudan", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.42-51, November-December-2015
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151516