Home > Archives > IJSRST151523
Role of biotechnology in cancer control
Authors(2) :-Mahin Ghorbani, Hamed Karimi
Cancer control including predictive diagnosis, differential diagnosis, early detection, cancer progression control and proper treatment with biotechnology techniques has assumed a central emphasis in cancer research and treatment. Biotechnology as a modern science with high accuracy ,more efficiency power and analysis ability at bimolecular level provided researchers with detailed information about causes , biomarkers, related pathways, genes, factors , targets and anticancer ligands for control of different types of cancers to provide individualized therapy for compensation of disadvantages ,incomplete ability of treatment and side effects of conventional methods of cancer therapy such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy. In this paper we have focused on biotechnology techniques for cancer control and discussed the role of each technique with example and the importance of each technique during control stages of cancer. The techniques are discussed here are such as Gene profiling, Genome analysis and Cell Culture, We hope this review will be helpful for researcher to understand the need and importance of biotechnology in conduction of cancer research programs, also This basic information provides opportunities for the researchers to expand and support the research area with their suggestive, feasible ideas and development of applicable new techniques for better cancer control with biotechnology.
Mahin Ghorbani, Hamed Karimi
Keywords: Biotechnology, Cancer control , Gene profiling, Genome analysis, Cell Culture,
- Anand P et al Cancer is a preventable disease that requires major lifestyle changes. Pharm Res. 2008 Sep; 25 (9):2097-116.
- Haggar FA, Boushey RP.Colorectal cancer epidemiology: incidence, mortality, survival, and risk factors. Clin Colon Rectal Surg. 2009 Nov;22(4):191-7.
- Ling CQ. Problems in cancer treatment and major research of integrative medicine. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2003 Sep;1(3):168-70.
- Kewal K. Jain,Applications of Biotechnology in OncologySpringer, 2014. 885 p.
- Daniel H. Palmer,Lawrence S. Young, Vivien Mautner,Cancer gene-therapy: clinical trials . Trends in biotechnology 2006 24(2) p76–82,
- Farwell LM, Joshi VA.DNA sequencing of cancer-related genes for biomarker discovery. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;520:205-20.
- Stewart JB, et al .Simultaneous DNA and RNA Mapping of Somatic Mitochondrial Mutations across Diverse Human Cancers. PLoS Genet. 2015 Jun 30;11(6):e1005333.
- Hu F et al .Analysis of AC3-33 gene expression in multiple organ cancer and adjacent normal tissue by RNA in situ hybridization. Oncol Lett. 2015 Jun;9(6):2795-2798.
- Leandro-García LJ et al .Tumoral and tissue-specific expression of the major human beta-tubulin isotypes. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2010 Apr;67(4):214-23.
- Erlander MG, Ma XJ, Kesty NC, Bao L, Salunga R, Schnabel CA.Performance and clinical evaluation of the 92-gene real-time PCR assay for tumor classification. J Mol Diagn. 2011 Sep; 13(5):493-503.
- Guo Q et al Identification of Novel Genetic Markers of Breast Cancer SurvivalJ Natl Cancer Inst. 2015 Apr 18;107(5).djv081
- Zhou J et al ,.Gene microarray analysis of lncRNA and mRNA expression profiles in patients with hypopharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Med. 2015 Apr 15;8(4):4862-82.
- Cree IA. Principles of cancer cell culture. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;731:13-26
- Michael J. Waters* and Becky L. Conway-Campbel.The oncogenic potential of autocrine human growth hormone in breast cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004 Oct 19; 101(42):14992-3.
- Palmisano GL et al Investigation of HLA class I downregulation in breast cancer by RT-PCR. Hum Immunol. 2001 Feb;62(2):133-9.
- Ghorbani M, Karimi H, 'Role of Microarray Technology in Diagnosis and Classification of Malignant Tumours', International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), 1(3):117-121, July-August 2015
- Ghorbani M and Karimi H. Cyclin-Dependent Kinases as valid targets for cancer treatment. Journal of Pharmacy Research 2015,9(6),377-382
- Ghorbani M , Karimi H , 'Ion Channels Association with Diseases and their Role as Therapeutic Targets in Drug Discovery', International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), 1(3):65-69,July-August 2015.
- Ghorbani M , Karimi H , 'Role of Aquaporins in Diseases and Drug Discovery', International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST),1(3):60-64, July-August 2015
- 20Mahin Ghorbani, Hamed Karimi, 'Role of G-Protein Coupled Receptors in Cancer Research and Drug Discovery', International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology (IJSRST),1(3), pp.122-126 , July-August 2015.
- Mahin Ghorbani, Hamed karimi, 'Role of Biomarkers in Cancer Research and Drug Development', International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST),1(3), pp.127-132, July-August 2015
- Ghorbani M ,Karimi H ,Ten Bioinformatics Tools for Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms , American Journal of Bioinformatics ;2014:3(2):45-48
- Mahin Ghorbani, Hamed Karimi, 'Bioinformatics Approaches for Gene Finding ', International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology (IJSRST),1(4),12-15, September-October 2015.
- Mahin Ghorbani, Hamed Karimi, 'Bioinformatics Methods for Biochemical Pathways and System Biology Analysis', International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology (IJSRST),1(4) ,75-79, September-October 2015.
- Mahin Ghorbani ,Iranian traditional medicine for treatment of type II diabetes, anxiety and hypertension with introduction of zebrafish model system for their screening, International Journal of Herbal Medicine, ,2014, 2(5),13-19.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 5 | November-December 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-12-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 180-185
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151523
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Mahin Ghorbani, Hamed Karimi, "Role of biotechnology in cancer control", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.180-185, November-December-2015
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151523