Home > Archives > IJSRST151530
PEGASIS : Power-Efficient Gathering in Sensor Information Systems
Authors(1) :-Alpesh R. Sankaliya
Sensor network consisting of nodes with limited battery power and wireless communications are deployed to collect useful information from the field. The main idea in PEGASIS is for each node to receive from and transmit to close neighbors and take turns being the leader for transmission to the BS. This approach distributes the energy load evenly among the sensor nodes in the network. Sensor nodes are randomly deployed in the sensor field, and therefore, the ith node is at a random location. The nodes will be organized to form a chain, which can either be accomplished by the sensor nodes themselves using a greedy algorithm. The algorithm to resolve the unbalanced energy consumption problem caused by long distance data transmission of some nodes in a chain formed by the greedy algorithm.
LEACH, MSC, PEGASIS, BS, Wireless Sensor Network, Greedy Algorithms
- S. Lindsey, C. Raghavendra and K. M. Sivalingam, “Data Gathering algorithms in sensor networks using the energy metric,” in , IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 13, Issue 9, pp. 924-935, Sep. 2002.
- Wang Linping, Cai Zhen, Bi Wu and Wang Zufeng, “Improved algorithm of PEGASIS protocol introducing double cluster heads in wireless sensor network,” in International Conference on Computer, Mechatronics, Control and Electronic Engineering (CMCE), vol. 1, pp. 148-151, Changchun, Aug. 2010.
- YU Yong-chang, WEI Gang, “An Improved PEGASIS Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Network,” in the proceedings of Acta Electronica Sinica, vol.36, pp.1309- 1313, July 2008.
- Z. Aliouat and M. Aliouat, “Efficient Management of Energy Budget for PEGASIS Routing Protocol,” in 6th International Conference on Sciences of Electronics, Technologies of Information and Telecommunications (SETIT), pp. 516-521, Sousse, March 2012.
- T. Shankar, Dr. S. Shanmugavel, “Hybrid Approach For Energy Optimization In Cluster Based WSN Using Energy Balancing Clustering Protocol,” Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, vol. 49, pp. 906-921, March 2013.
- Performance Evaluation of Ad-hoc On demand Multipath Distance Vector Routing Protocol . P.Jammulaiah, P.Ravindranaik, Ravi Gorripati. 2013, IJWCNT, Vol. 2.
- Hai Liu, Pengjun Wan and Xiaohua Jia, \Maximal lifetime scheduling for sensor surveillance systems with k sensors to 1 target", IEEE Transactions on parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 17, No. 12, December 2006.
- M. Lu, J. Wu, M. Cardei and M. Li, \Energy-e
- cient connected coverage of discrete targets in wireless sensor networks", 2005.
- Laura Marie Feeney, \An Energy Consumption Model for Performance Analysis of Routing Protocols for Mobile and Ad Hoc Networks", Mobile Networks and Applications, 2000, 2000.
- Feng Xia, \QoS Challenges and Opportunities in Wireless Sensor/Actuator Networks" Sensors, pp. 1-4, 2008.
- Jennifer C. Hou, David K. Y. Yau, Chris Y. T. Ma, Yong Yang, Honghai Zhang,I Hong Hou, Nageswara S. V. Rao and Mallikarjun Shankar, \Coverage in Wireless Sensor Networks", pp. 1-3.
- M. Bani Yassein, A. Al-zou'bi, Y. Khamayseh, W. Mardini, “Improvement on LEACH Protocol of Wireless Sensor Network (VLEACH)”, International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications Volume 3, Number 2, June 2009.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 5 | November-December 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-12-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 108-112
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151530
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Alpesh R. Sankaliya, "PEGASIS : Power-Efficient Gathering in Sensor Information Systems", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.108-112, November-December-2015
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151530