Home > Archives > IJSRST151531
FEM Simulations of Z-axis MEMS Capacitive Energy Harvester using Various Beams
Authors(2) :-Hitesh Kumar Sharma, Jit.Dutta
This paper represents the Finite element modeling of Z-axis MEMS capacitive energy harvester and analysis of spring constant of various type of springs, used in MEMS capacitive energy harvesting system and its effect at the resonance frequency. In this paper, FEM simulations of MEMS capacitive energy harvester along with three different types of springs are carried out using COMSOL Multiphysics tool. The theory of spring constant is discussed along with mathematical model. For simulations, three flexure springs (Linear, single serpentine, double serpentine) of width 12µm and thickness 8µm is used. The length of the spring for linear beam and single serpentine beam is used 264 um and for double serpentine beam is 330 µm. The dimension of the capacitive plate is used 2000 µm × 2000 µm with thickness of 8 µm. This plate is used with three different types of springs, 3-D model is meshed and appropriate boundary conditions are applied to calculate the spring constant.
Hitesh Kumar Sharma, Jit.Dutta
Spring Constant, COMSOL Multiphysics Tool, MEMS Capacitive Energy Harvester.
- Mounika Reddy, G. V. Sunil Kumar (2013), “Design and Analysis of Microcantilevers with various shapes using COMSOL multiphysics software”, IJETAE volume 3, issue 3
- Giuseppe Barillaro, AntonioMolfese, Andrea Nannini and Francesco Pieri (2005), “Analysis, Simulation and relative performances of two kinds of serpentine springs”, J. Micromech. Microeng. 15:736-746
- D. V. Bambill, S.J.Escanes, C. A. Rossit (2003), “Forced vibrations of a clamped-free beam with a mass at the free end an external periodic distribution acting on the mass with applications in ships’ structures, Ocean Engineering 30:1065-1077
- Jianxiong Zhu (2015), “Design, Analysis and Dynamic Phenomenon of MEMS Capacitive Power Harvester”, University of Missouri-Columbia
- G. K. Fedder (1994), “Lumped parameter modeling” in Simulation of Microelectromechanical Systems, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, University of California at Berkeley
- COMSOL Multiphysics Tool
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 5 | November-December 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-12-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 149-152
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151531
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Hitesh Kumar Sharma, Jit.Dutta, "FEM Simulations of Z-axis MEMS Capacitive Energy Harvester using Various Beams", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.149-152, November-December-2015
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151531