Home > Archives > IJSRST151539
The Paths of Sustainable Development in West Africa
Authors(1) :-Eruesegbefe Abraham Kevwe
Sustainable development has been a major problem in West Africa for quite time. Sustainable development requires institutions, policies, people, and effective partnership to carry out our common effort in nation building. The provision of new ideas will bring about success in West Africa. The provision of high degree of technology to allow the flow of new idea will bring profitable standard of production. Therefore many innovations are necessary and should be allowing proliferating to ensure the achievement of sustainable development. Invention is areas that most next be introduced to practice i.e. one most show the technical idea is visible and can be demonstrated. Industry analysis is a step that should be use as strategy to examine the external and internal futures in assisting the establishing of sustainable development in West Africa. This paper attempt to present the way forward.
Eruesegbefe Abraham Kevwe
Social Development, Driving Forces, Economic Growth, Ecosystem Degradation Biological, Diversity Ozone Layer, Bio-Geo-Chemical Cycles, Decision- Making, Federal Government
- Clamp H.V.: Operating Sustainability Processes (Visual Books New York, U.S.A) 2014.
- Clark W. C., Munn R. E.: Sustainable Development of the Biosphere, Cambridge University Press (1980), 5-48.
- Clark W.C.: Managing Planet Earth, Scientific American, 261 (3), (1989) 47.
- Clark, W.C: Science and Technology for Sustainable Development, http:/sustainabilityscience.org./isti(2004).
- Costanza, R. et al: Modeling Complex Ecological-Economic Systems, Bioscience, 43 (8), (1993) 545-555.
- Dasgupta, P.S; Population, Poverty and the Local Environment, Scientific American, 272 (2), (1995) 40 – 45.
- David M.G.: Acquiring Knowledge with sustainability: Vigorous Publishers, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria. 1st Edition 2013.
- Dobriansky, P.J: U.S Actions to support Sustainable Development, World Summit on Sustainable Development, Johannesburg, August (2002).
- Gaynor G.H.: Management of Technology – Description, Scope and Implications, in Handbook of Technology Management (ed. G.H. Gaynor), McGraw-Hill, New York, (1996) 1.7
- Gladwin T.N., et al: Shifting Paradigms for sustainable Development – implication for management Theory and Research, Academy of Management Review, Vol. 20, No. 4, (1995) 874-907.
- Gore A.: Earth is Balance-Ecology and the Human Spirits, Houghten Mifflin, New York (1992).
- Greg, M and Porter V.U.: Competitive Advantage to Development Performance. 3rd Edition (2013).
- Humiston G.: Working for Sustainable Policies, The World Summit on Sustainable Development, Johnnesburg, South Africa, August (2002).
- Lee K. N.: Greed, Scale Mismatch and Learning, Ecological Applications, 3(4), (1993) 560.
- M. Strong: The Road from Rio, Environmentally Sustainable Development, Proceedings Series No. 6 (1994) 11-15.
- Maxwell V.H: Co-operative Study on Physical Environment: New York U.S.A (International Conference on Development). March 10th-15th 2011.
- National Research Council: Learning to Predict Climate Variations Associated With El Nino and the Southern Oscillation – Accomplishments and Legacies of the TOGA programme, National Academy Press, Washington, D.C (1996).
- Oaikhinan E.P.: Technology Acquisition and Management, Epina Technology Transfer Services, Lagos (2000).
- Oaikhinan, E.P: Raw Materials Development in Nigeria, Tile & Brick Intern. Vol. 16. No. 2 (2000) 102-113.
- Pita A.A: Management Theory and Practices: Royal Priesthood Publishers, Ekpoma, Edo State. 2nd Edition (2012).
- Rolston H.: Conserving Natural Value, Columbia University Press, New York, (1994).
- Sachs J.D: A New Map of the World, the Economist 355, June 24, (2000) 81-83.
- Simmons J.L.: Technology and Education for Economic Development in Science and Technology in Developing Countries (ed. C. Nader and A.B. Aahlar), Cambridge University Press (1969) 42.
- Stern, P. C. et al: Global Environmental Change – Understanding the Human Dimensions, National Academy Press, Washington DC, (1992).
- Vicderman S.: The Economics of Sustainability – Challenges, Presented at the Workshop on the Economics of Sustainability, fundacao Foaquim Nabuco, Recife, Brazil (1994).
- World Commission on Environment and Development: our Common Future, Oxford university Press, England (1987).
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 5 | November-December 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-12-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 318-325
Manuscript Number : IJSRST151539
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Eruesegbefe Abraham Kevwe, "The Paths of Sustainable Development in West Africa", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.318-325, November-December-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST151539