Home > Archives > IJSRST162121
Molecular Docking Studies of E-Bola Virus Protein VP30
Authors(2) :-Uzma Paveen A. Shaikh, Yogesh N. Joshi
The Ebola virus (EBOV) genome encodes for several proteins that are necessary and sufficient for replication and transcription of the viral RNAs; NP, VP30, VP35, and L. VP30.VP30 binds to the RNA at the first gene start signal to initiate transcription. VP30 protein has playing important role in Ebola virus transcription and transcription reinitiation hence VP30 protein was targeted for the inhibition of Ebola virus. After target identification, Framycetin drug was taken from DrugBank database which is new lead and its derivatives were designed by bioinformatics virtual screening. Further, drug lead molecules were evaluated for their drug likeness using â€œLipinski rule of fiveâ€ and pharmacokinetic/ADMET properties. In molecular docking studies framycetin derivative shows the better binding energy with the target protein. This in silico approach can be appropriate to develop new drug lead molecules against Vp30 proteins Ebola virus infection.
Uzma Paveen A. Shaikh, Yogesh N. Joshi
Keywords: Ebola virus, VP30, framycetin, virtual screening, Molecular docking.
- Lary Zeitlin 2014 Reversion of advanced Ebolavirus disease in nonhuman primates with ZMapp, Nature 514, 47-53
- Uzma Parveen A Shaikh, Yogesh Joshi and Vinod P. S 2015 Homology modeling and binding site prediction of vp30 protein involved in Ebola virus, International Journal of Current Research, vol.7, issue, 12, pp.23947-23950.
- Utkarsh Raj and Pritish Kumar Varadwaj 2015 Flavonoids as Multi-target Inhibitors for Proteins Associated with Ebola Virus: insilico Discovery Using Virtual Screening and Molecular Docking Studies, Interdiscip SciComput Life Sci (2015) 7: 1–10.
- Sathish Kumar Paramashivam, KalaivaniElayaperumal, Boopala bhagavan Natarajan, Manjuladevi Ramamoorthy, Suganthana Balasubramanian & Kannan Narayanan Dhiraviam 2015 Insilico pharmacokinetic and molecular docking studies of small molecules derived from IndigoferaaspalathoidesVahl targeting receptor tyrosine kinases in Bioinformation 11(2): 073-084.
- Strahinja Z Kovacevic, Lidija R Jevric, Sanja O PodunavacKuzmanović and Eva S Lončar: 2014 Prediction of InsilicoADME Properties of 1,2-O-Isopropylidene Aldohexose Derivatives, Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 13 (3): 899-907.
- Hartlieb B, Modrof J, M¨ uhlberger E, KlenkHD, Becker S 2003 Crystal structure of the C-termina ldomain of Ebola virus VP30 reveals a role in transcription and nucleocapsid association, JBiolChem 278,41830-41836.
- Hoenen T, Groseth A, Kolesnikova L, Theriault S, Ebihara H, Hartlieb B, Bamberg S, Feldmann H, Stroher U, Becker S. 2011 Crystal structure of the C-terminal domain of Ebola virus VP30 reveals a role in transcription and nucleocapsid association, J Virol 80, 7260-7264 .
- Hoenen T, Jung S, Herwig A, Groseth A, Becker S 2010 Both matrix proteins of Ebola virus contribute to the regulation of viral genome replication and transcription, Virology 403, 56-66.
- Weik M, Modrof J, Klenk HD, Becker S, MuhlbergerE 2002 Crystal structure of the C-terminal domain ofEbola virus VP30 reveals a role in transcription andnucleocapsid association, J Virol 76, 8532-8539.
- Nadine Biedenkopf, BettinaHartlieb 2013 Phosphorylation of Ebola Virus VP30 Influences the Composition of the Viral Nucleocapsid Complex, the Journal of Biological Chemistry vol. 288, NO. 16, pp. 11165–11174.
- Miguel J. Martinez, Nadine Biedenkopf, Valentina Volchkova, Bettina Hartlieb, Nathalie Alazard-Dany, Olivier Reynard, Stephan Becker, and Viktor Volchkov 2008 Role of Ebola Virus VP30 in Transcription Reinitiation, in Journal Of virology, p. 12569–12573.
- Shanooba Palamthodi, DhirajPatil, Ashwini Sankpal, SehalZarekar, YatinPatil: 2012 Identification of Drug Lead Molecules against Ebola Virus: an Insilico Approach, J.Comput. Methods Mol., 2 (2):76-84.
- Sina Bavariet al. 2014 Protection against filovirus diseases by a novel broad-spectrum nucleoside analogueBCX4430, Nature 508, 402-405.
- John, S. P., T. Wang, S. Steffen, S. Longhi, C. S. Schmal john, and C. B.Jonsson 2007 Ebola virus VP30 is an RNA binding protein, J. Virol.81:8967–8976.
- Sujit Arun Desai, Santosh Sahedeo Kumbhar, Vishal Shankar Katti, Prafulla Balkrishna Choudhari, Manish Sudesh Bhatia 2013 3D QSAR and Pharmacophore Modelling on Chalcones as Anti leishmanial Agents potential Trypanothione reductase Inhibitors, Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science Vol. 3 (12), pp. 099-102.
- Jie Shen, Wenqian Zhang, Hong Fang, Roger Perkins, Weida Tong, Huixiao Hong 2013 Homology modeling, molecular docking, and molecular dynamics simulations elucidated-fetoprotein binding modes, Shenet al. BMC Bioinformatics,14(Suppl 14):S6.
- Atsushi Okumura, Paula M. Pitha, Akihiko Yoshimura, and Ronald N. Harty 2010 Interaction between ebola virus glycoprotein and host toll-like Receptor 4 leads to induction of proinflammatory Cytokines and socs1, journal of virology, p. 27–33
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-February 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-03-05
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 93-98
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162121
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Uzma Paveen A. Shaikh, Yogesh N. Joshi, "Molecular Docking Studies of E-Bola Virus Protein VP30", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.93-98, January-February-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162121