Home > Archives > IJSRST162123
PI Controller Based IDBB Power Driver with High PF and Low THD for LED Lamps
Authors(2) :-Gullipalli.Anupama, Chintada.Ravi
An IDBB converter circuit, which can act as a high power factor, low output current ripple, and good efficiency driver for power LED lamps. The input stage is based on the integration of buck boost converter which performs power factor correction (PFC) from a universal ac source, using the PWM operation mode as a control loop. The integrated double buck-boost (IDBB) converter features one controlled switch and two inductors that supply a solid-state lamp from the mains, providing high power factor and good efficiency. In this project, the IDBB converter is analyzed with and without Control algorithm (PI controller), and a design methodology is proposed using Matlab. It is demonstrated that, with a careful design of the converter, the filter capacitances can be made small enough so that film capacitors may be used. The results obtained using PI controller and fuzzy logic controller for the same circuit are compared and are presented which validates high input power factor and superior control over the output voltage.
IDBB Converter, PI Controller, Thermal Harmonic Distortion (THD), Power LED, High Power Factor (HPF)
- E.F.Schubert, Light-Emitting Diodes, 2nd ed. Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge Univ. Press, 2006.
- Cree XLamp XP-C LEDs, 2010, Data Sheet No. CLD-DS19 Rev 4.
- Y. Fang, S.-H. Wong, and L. Hok-Sun Ling, “A power converter with pulse-level-modulation control for driving high brightness LEDs,” in Proc. 24th Annu. IEEE APEC, Feb. 15–19, 2009, pp. 577–581.
- R. A. Pinto, M. R. Cosetin, M. F. da Silva, G. W. Denardin, J. Fraytag, A. Campos, and R. N. do Prado, “Compact emergency lamp using power LEDs,” in Proc. 35th Annu. IEEE IECON, Nov. 3–5, 2009, pp. 3494–3499.
- D. R. Nuttall, R. Shuttle worth and G. Routledge, “Design of a LED street lighting system,” in Proc. 4th IET Conf. PEMD, Apr. 2–4, 2008, pp. 436–440.
- H. Yuequan and M. M. Jovanovic, “A novel LED driver with adaptive drive voltage,” in Proc. 23rd Annu.
- C. Qiao and K. M. Smedley, ―A topology survey of single-stage power factor correction with a boost type inputcurrent-shaper,in Proc. IEEE APEC 2000, pp.460–467.
- H. Broeck, G. Sauerl¨ander, and M. Wendt, Power driver topologies and control schemes forLEDs, inProc.IEEEAPEC2007,pp.1319–1325.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-February 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-03-05
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 99-104
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162123
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Gullipalli.Anupama, Chintada.Ravi, "PI Controller Based IDBB Power Driver with High PF and Low THD for LED Lamps", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.99-104, January-February-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162123