Home > Archives > IJSRST16214
Parking Study of CBD Area of Indore - A Case Study
Authors(2) :-M. Islamuddin Faraz, Utkarsh Jain
Indore is the commercial capital of Madhya Pradesh. It had a registered vehicle population of about 0.48 million in 2000 which is increasing at an average annual rate of 8.8 percent. Indore has a population of 3,276,697 with an area of only 3,898 square kilometers (as per the Census-estimated 2011). It is the most densely populated city in the central province. Thus being the most densely populated city it has major parking problems everywhere, especially at CBD areas. In the present study parking behavior and present parking scheme has been studied at Novelty Market Jail Road. The average of the total vehicles parked has been determined by cordon count, patrolling and questionnaire method. An average of seven days of vehicle count has been considered.
M. Islamuddin Faraz, Utkarsh Jain
CBD, Parking Turnover, Parking Index, Cordon Count, Patrolling.
- Marsden, G. (2006). The evidence base for parking policies—a review.Transport policy, 13(6), 447-457.
- Willson, R. W., & Shoup, D. C. (1990). Parking subsidies and travel choices: assessing the evidence. Transportation, 17(2), 141-157.
- Marshall, W., Garrick, N., & Hansen, G. (2008). Reassessing on-street parking.Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, (2046), 45-52.
- Topp, H. H. (1995). The role of parking in traffic calming. World Transport Policy and Practice, 1(3), 17-22.
- Li, Z. C., Lam, W., Wong, S., Zhu, D. L., & Huang, H. J. (2007). Modeling park-and-ride services in a multimodal transport network with elastic demand.Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, (1994), 101-109.
- Golias, J., Yannis, G., & Harvatis, M. (2002). Off-street parking choice sensitivity. Transportation Planning and Technology, 25(4), 333-348.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-February 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-02-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 18-20
Manuscript Number : IJSRST16214
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
M. Islamuddin Faraz, Utkarsh Jain, "Parking Study of CBD Area of Indore - A Case Study ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.18-20, January-February-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST16214