Home > Archives > IJSRST162210
Integration of Healthcare System with its Experts for Improving the Life Expectancy of Medical Devices : A Review
Authors(3) :-Majid Murtaza Noor, Dr Imtiyaz A Magray, Seema Chawla
This paper provides the structure of healthcare system in India and analyses recent developments in the derivation of bio-medical equipmentâ€™s maintenance & management strategies, and proposes some specific points to consider and offer to perform them during operation. We also envisage the new challenges in the healthcare system in India which represent an important economic position and are subject of everyday optimization attempts. For this purpose by now exists a huge number of tools which conduce more likely to a complexness of the problem by a comprehensive implementation. In the future, we envision that new paradigms to be structured to overcome the present strategies which will benefit & upgrade the rural and urban healthcare system with reduction in patient risks, and in the longer term, provide an alternative source for maintenance and management of medical devices at hospitals in the form of biomedical engineering department.
Majid Murtaza Noor, Dr Imtiyaz A Magray, Seema Chawla
Biomedical equipmentâ€™s, Hospitals, Healthcare Technology Management (HTM), Medical Devices, Medical Technology
- B. George, R. Rapp, "Maintenance Management Concepts in Construction Equipment Curricula", Journal of Construction Education, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 102–117, summer 1998.
- E Sadaghiani, 1998, Jahan Rayaneh Publication, Tehran.
- J. F. Dyro, "The Clinical Engineering handbook", Available:www.elsevier.com/wps/product/cws_home/702695. Retrieved on 2/8/2009.
- J. G. Webster and A. M. Cook, "Clinical Engineering: Principles and Practices”, 1979. Editor: Fred B. Millet.
- D. A. Cook, "A protocol for the measurement of down time of medical equipment", The British Journal of Radiology, vol. 70, pp. 279-290, 1997.
- M Liao, "Numerical Study of Single- Machine Multiple-Recipe Predictive Maintenance," Msc. Thesis, The University of Texas at Austin, May 2011.
- Z. Bliznakov, G. Pappous, K. Bliznakova, N. Pallikarakis, "Integreted software system for improving medical equipment management", Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology,pp. 25-33, Jan. 2003.
- Dyro J. Donation of medical device technologies. In: Dyro J, ed. Clinical engineering handbook. Burlington, Elsevier Academic Press, 2004.
- Lathwal OP, Banerjee Alok. Availability and utilization of major equipment at district hospital gurgaon, Haryana. Journal of the Academy of Hospital Administration, (2001-07 - 2001-12), Vol. 13, No. 2 http://www.indmedica.com/journals.php?journalid=6&issueid=20&articleid=165&action=article
- Wang B, Levenson A. Equipment inclusion criteria -a new interpretation of JCAHO’s Medical Equipment Management Standard. Journal of Clinical Engineering, 2000, 25:26–35
- Orlikowski, W. J. (2000). Using Technology and Constituting Structures: A Practice Lens for Studying Technology in Organizations. Organization Science, Vol 11, Nº4 , 404-428.
- Brach, C., et al (2008). Will It Work Here: A Decisionmaker's Guide to Adopting Innovations. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Obtido em Junho de 2009dehttp://www.innovations.ahrq.gov/resources/InnovationAdoptionGuide.pdf
- Teplensky, J. D., et al (1995). Hospital adoption of medical technology: an empirical test of alternative models. Health Services Research. Vol 30(3), pp. 437-465.
- Jahnke, E., and David, Y. (2005). Medical Technology Management: From Planning to Application. Engineering in Medicine and Biology 27th Annual Conference. Shangai, China.
- Wang B et al. Medical equipment management strategies. Biomedical Instrumentation and Technology, 2006, 40:233–237.
- Recommended practice for a medical equipment management program. American National Standard ANSI/AAMI EQ56. Arlington, Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation, 1999.
- Kaur M et al. How to procure and commission your healthcare technology. ‘How to Manage’ series of health care technology guides no. 3. St Albans, Ziken International (Health Partners International), 2005.
- "Trends in Clinical Engineering Practices” David, Y. Revista Ingeniera Biomedica. Vol 2, No.4 July-Dec 2008 pp 15-20.
- "The Future of Clinical Engineering”. Grimes, S. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, March/April 2003.
- Carmo, P., Ogliari, A., and Nascimento, D. (2007). Process of diagnosis and analysis of attrubites of maintainability in medical and hospital devices. 19th International Congress of Mechanical Engineering Brasil.
- Kabatov, Y. K. (1970). Definition of the main concepts of medical equipment. Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 4(5), pp. 274-276.
- Temple-Bird C et al. How to operate your healthcare technology effectively and safely. ‘How to Manage’ series of health care technology guides no. 4. St Albans, Ziken International (Health Partners International), 2005a.
- McKie J (1987), 'The Management of Health Care Technology', in World Health Organization, Report on Interregional Meeting on the Maintenance and Repair of Health Care Equipment, held at Nicosia, Cyprus in 1986, pp37-84
- "An introduction to IEC 80001: Aiming at patient Safety in the Networked Healthcare Environment” Eagles, S. IT Horizons 2008.
- "Australia’s Health Workforce”. Productivity Commission Reserarch Report, December 2005.
- "Maintenance and Modelling Strategies of Biomedical Equipment’s in Hospitals: A Review” Majid Murtaza Noor, Dr Imtiyaz A Magray, Seema Chawla, Advances in Life Science and Technology, Vol 40, 2016, pages 31-35
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 223-231
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162210
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Majid Murtaza Noor, Dr Imtiyaz A Magray, Seema Chawla, "Integration of Healthcare System with its Experts for Improving the Life Expectancy of Medical Devices : A Review", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.223-231, March-April-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162210