Home > Archives > IJSRST1622100
Comparative Standardization Study of Two Marketed Hingvashtak Churna Formulation
Authors(5) :-Shital. S. Shinde, Ashwini. G. Sonavane, T. D. Dudhgaonkar, A. R. Dhole, C. S. Magdum
In the few decades, there has been exponentionally growth in the field of herbal medicines. Most of the traditional systems of medicine are effective but they lack standardization. So there is a need to develop a standardization technique. Standardization of herbal formulation is essential in order to assess the quality, purity, safety and efficacy of the drug. The Hingvashtak churn is excellent remedy for indigestion, stomach pain, loose motions along with indigestion, loss of appetite and also used as carminative. The present research study deals with the comparative standardization of two marketed Hingvashtak Churna formulation from Baidyanath and Zandu. The standardization of this formulation, the organoleptic characters, physical properties, the various physico-chemical properties such as, ash values, extractive values were carried out.
Shital. S. Shinde, Ashwini. G. Sonavane, T. D. Dudhgaonkar, A. R. Dhole, C. S. Magdum
Standardization, Hingvashtak churn, Physico-chemical parameters.
- Pharmacopeial Standardization of Mahasudarshan Churna: A Polyherbal Formulation Naresh Chamoli, Kshitij Agarwal* and Prem Saini Dev Bhoomi Institute of Pharmacy and Research, Dehradun, U.K, India-248001. International Journal of Innovative Pharmaceutical Research. 2013,4(1),281-283.
- Mukharjee Pulok K. Quality control of herbal drugs: an approach to evaluation of botanicals, 3rd Ed, Business Horizons Pharmaceutical Publishers, 2008;183-219.
- Ekka NR, Nmedo KP, Samal PK. Standardization strategies for herbal drugs. Research J.Pharm. and Tech. 2008;1:310-312. Indian Pharmacopeia Part-II Vol. II published by Indian Pharmacopeial Commission, Ghaziabad, 1996;A-50-52.
- Pharmacopeial Standardization of Mahasudarshan Churna: A Polyherbal Formulation. Shivani Chauhan*1, Vikrant Pundir2, Ashish Kr Sharma2 Journal of Medicinal Plants Studies Year: 2013, Volume: 1, Issue: 2.
- Review On Standardization of Herbal Churna: Nitin V. Kokare, Kiran A.Wadkar, Manish S.Khonawar.Int.J.Res.Ayurveda Pharma 5(3),May –June2014.
- Comparative Standardization Study of Two Marketed Ashwagandha Churna Formulation Pallab Dasgupta and Amartya De*International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences Vol. 3 (2) Apr – Jun2012.
- A. Siddiqui, M. A. Hakim, Format for the pharmacopoeial analytical standards of compound formulation, wokshop on standardization of unani drugs Welfare, New Delhi, 1976. 8.
- L.Lachman,H.A.Liberman.J.L.Kanig The theory and practice of industrial Pharmacy 3rd edition vergheshe publishing house,Bombay-1987.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 269-274
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1622100
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Shital. S. Shinde, Ashwini. G. Sonavane, T. D. Dudhgaonkar, A. R. Dhole, C. S. Magdum , "Comparative Standardization Study of Two Marketed Hingvashtak Churna Formulation", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.269-274, March-April-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1622100