Home > Archives > IJSRST1622101
A Review on Traditional Drugs
Authors(5) :-Samruddhi D Kore, Bharati R. Kokare, Vandana R. Kolekar, A.R.Dhole, C.S.Magdum
Natural products have played an important role throughout the world in treating and preventing human diseases. Natural product medicines have come from various source materials including terrestrial plants, terrestrial microorganisms, marine organisms, and terrestrial vertebrates and invertebrates and its importance in modern medicine. The value of natural products in this regard can be accessed from: (i) the rate of introduction of new chemical entities of wide structural diversity, including serving as templates for semi synthetic and total synthetic modification, (ii) the number of diseases treated or prevented by these substances, and (iii) their frequency of use in the treatment of disease. On this basis drug like chitrak, kalijiri, Shilagit, Shankhpuspi, Palash,Kantakari are reviewed
Samruddhi D Kore, Bharati R. Kokare, Vandana R. Kolekar, A.R.Dhole, C.S.Magdum
Chitrak, Kalijiri, Shilagit, Shankhpuspi, Palash, Kantakari, Plumbago Zeylanica, Candida Albicans,
Digestive, Haemorrhoids, Vernonia Anthalmintica
- Sanjana Datta and Mishra RN, International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences Vol. 3 (1) Jan – Mar 2012 page no 250- 265
- The Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of india ,Part –I, Vol- I, First edition ,1990, Pp 39- 40 & Appendix 7, page 205,The Conroller of Publications, Delhi ,29
- Vipul P. Patel, Madhavi Hirpara, Maulik P. Suthar Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Science & Technology Vol 2, Issue 1, 2012 ,1-4.
- Setty BS, Kamboj VP, Khanna NM. Screening of Indian plants for biological activity, Spermicidal activity of Indian plants. J. Exp. Biol., 7, 1977, 213-232.
- Singh RS, Sen SP, Pandey SN. Experimental studies on Centratherum anthelminticum (Wild) Kunz. J. Res. Ind. Med., 14, 1979, 133-134.
- Singhal KC, Sharma S and Mehta BK. Antifilarial activity of Centratherum anthelminticum seed extracts on Setaria cervi. Ind. J. Exp. Biol., 30, 1992, 546-548.
- Kirtikar, K.R. and Basu, B.D. Indian Medicinal Plants. Vol.1. Allahabad, India. 1918, 758-760.
- Vaidya Bapalal C.V. Some controversial drugs in Indian medicine, Chaukhamba orientalia, Varanasi; 1982, 262-263.
- Nadkarni, A.K. Indian Materia Medica.Edn.1st Vol.1 Popular Book Depot, Bombay. 1954, 446.
- Sharma Kumar Ajay, Deshwal Neetu. International Journal of PharmTech Research 2011: 3:867-868.
- R. Khandelwal K. Practical Pharmacogonosy, Techniques & Expriments, Pune , Nirali Prakashan, 13th edition, April 2005, Page- 10-18, 149-156
- Dhale DA, Chamle DR, Panchal VH. Evaluations of Phytochemical constituents and antimicrobial activity of Butea monosperma (Fabaceae). Journal of Phytology 2010; 2(12): 17-21.
- Umar DC. Pharmacognosy can help minimize accidental misuse of herbal medicine. Curr Sci 2007; 93(10):1356‐1358.
- Anonymous. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Department of Indian Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy [M]. The Ayurvedic pharmacopoeia of India: New Delhi: Controller of Publications, 2001, 147‐149
- Mandal S.C., A. Nandy, M. Pal and B. P. Saha. Evaluation of antibacterial activity of Asparagus racemosus willd. root. Phytother Research, 14:118-9 (2000)
- Bopana Nishrita and Saxena Sanjay, Asparagus racemosus – Ethnopharmacological evaluation and conservation needs. Journal of Ethnopharmacology 110:1-15 (2007)
- Ghosal S, Reddy JP, Lal VK. 1976. Shilajit: Chemical constituents. J Pharm Sci 65: 772–773.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 275-281
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1622101
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Samruddhi D Kore, Bharati R. Kokare, Vandana R. Kolekar, A.R.Dhole, C.S.Magdum, "A Review on Traditional Drugs", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.275-281, March-April-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1622101