Home > Archives > IJSRST1622112
Microwave Assisted Synthesis, Characterization and Antibacterial Activity of 2- Chloromethyl Benz Imidazole Derivatives
Authors(6) :-Ruchita A Patil, Sharmila T Patil, Trupti D Dudhgaonkar, Archana R Dhole, Shriniwas K Mohite, Chandrakant S Magdum
Objective-the objective of present research work to synthesize and screen novel 2-chloromethyl-1-h-benzimidazole derivative for antibacterial activity. Method-2-chloromethyl-1-H-benzimidazole was prepared by condensing 2-chloromethyl-1-h-benzimidazole with different aromatic amines and heterocyclic. The synthesized compounds were screened for their antibacterial activity against stap. Aurious by well plate method. 2-chioromethyl benzimidazole can be synthesized by the reaction of o-phenylenediamine with chloroaceticacid. This on reaction with substituted anilines in presence of ethanolic KOH gives corresponding benzimidazolederivatives. The synthesized compounds were characterized by TLC & IR data.
Ruchita A Patil, Sharmila T Patil, Trupti D Dudhgaonkar, Archana R Dhole, Shriniwas K Mohite, Chandrakant S Magdum
2-Chloromethyl Benzimidazole, O-Phenylenediamine, Chloroacetic Acid Aniline.
- Abhishek Tiwari,Anita Singh and Varsha Tiwari. By Asian journals of Chemistry vol. 23, no. 6(2011). Page no.-2823-2824.
- Synthesis of 2-Chloromethyl1-H-benzimidazole derivatives as antifungal agents.KomalPetkar, Pranav, PreetiMehta,AnjanaBaro. International journals of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical sciences. Vol.-5 (2013).
- ShreenivasBethi, Matta Vidyasagar, Rajmanohar. K, VenkateshwarRao and Sandeep Gummudavelly, “Synthesis and Pharmacological evaluation of new benzimidazol derivatives,” Der Chemicasinica, 2011;2(1): 84-90.
- Kokare, C.C. In pharmaceutical Microbiology, NiraliPrakashan, 4th edition 2007; 1.1-1.11, 2.1-2.11.
- R.Sharma and John Coates, Interpretation of Infrared Spectra , A practical approach, Encyclopedia
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-08-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 243-249
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1622112
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Ruchita A Patil, Sharmila T Patil, Trupti D Dudhgaonkar, Archana R Dhole, Shriniwas K Mohite, Chandrakant S Magdum, "Microwave Assisted Synthesis, Characterization and Antibacterial Activity of 2- Chloromethyl Benz Imidazole Derivatives", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.243-249, July-August-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1622112