Home > Archives > IJSRST1622115
Contrast Enhancement of Medical Images
Authors(2) :-Shankar Singh, Pravesh Pal
Contrast enhancement is very useful in medical image analysis that helps the physicians for disease diagnosis. The quality of medical images affects the analysis if the contrast of the images is poor. This paper presents method to enhance the contrast with improved CNR (contrast to noise ratio).
Shankar Singh, Pravesh Pal
Digital Image, Contrast, Medical Image, Enhancement.
- G R Sinha and Bhagwati Patel, Medical Image Processing: Concepts and Applications, ISBN: 978-81-203-4902-5, Prentice Hall of India, 2014.
- R C Gonzalez and R E Woods, Digital Image Processing, Prentice Hall of India, 2013.
- Rakesh Kumar Khare and G R Sinha, “CAD for Lung Cancer Detection: A Review”, International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Research (IJMTER), 02(07), pp. 333-338, 2015.
- Bhagwati Charan Patel and G R Sinha, “Histogram based Contrast Enhancement Method for Mammographic Breast Images”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Applications of Computers and Electronics for the Welfare of Rural Masses (ACEWRM) 2015, pp. 25-38.
- Bhagwati Charan Patel and G R Sinha, “Energy and Region based Detection and Segmentation of Breast Cancer Mammographic Images”, International Journal of Image, Graphics and Signal Processing, 6, pp. 44-51, 2012.
- Bhagwati Charan Patel, G. R. Sinha and Kavita Thakur, “Early detection of breast cancer using a modified topological derivative based method”, International Journal of Pure and Applied Science and Technology, 7(1), pp. 75-80, 2011.
- Bhagwati Charan Patel and G.R.Sinha, “Early detection of breast cancer using self similar fractal method”, International Journal of Computer Application, New York USA, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 39-43, November 2010.
- Hao-Tian Wua, Jiwu Huang and Yun-Qing Shi, “A reversible data hiding method with contrast enhancement for medical images”, J. Vis. Commun. Image R. 31 (2015) 146–153.
- Rajlaxmi Chouhan, C. Pradeep Kumar, Rawnak Kumar and Rajib Kumar Jha, “Contrast Enhancement of Dark Images using Stochastic Resonance in Wavelet Domain”, International Journal of Machine Learning and Computing, Vol. 2, No. 5, pp. 711-715, October 2012.
- Jian Fan and Andrew Laine, “Contrast Enhancement by Multiscale and Nonlinear Operators”, www.google.co.in.
- Miguel Alemán-Flores and Luis Álvarez-León, “Medical Image Noise Reduction and Region Contrast Enhancement Using Partial Differential Equations”, www.google.co.in.
- Aditi Majumder and Sandy Irani, “Contrast Enhancement of Images using Human Contrast Sensitivity”, www.google.co.in.
- Kartic Subr, Aditi Majumder and Sandy Irani, “Greedy Algorithm for Local Contrast Enhancement of Images”, www.google.co.in.
- Amit Kamra, V. K. Jain and Pragya, “Contrast Enhancement of Masses in Mammograms Using Multiscale Morphology”, International Journal of Medical, Health, Biomedical, Bioengineering and Pharmaceutical Engineering Vol:9, No:7, pp. 546-549, 2015.
- Godwin D., Edward Stephen Prasanth, Krishna Kumar S., Kishan Kumar K, Chitra P. and, Nandhitha N.M., “ Survey on Contrast Enhancement Techniques for Medical X-Ray Images to Highlight The Abnormalities”, Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 4, Issue 4( Version 6), April 2014, pp.19-24.
- Hanan Saleh S. Ahmed and Md Jan Nordin, “Improving Diagnostic Viewing of Medical Images using Enhancement Algorithms”, Journal of Computer Science 7 (12): 1831-1838, 2011.
- Junhwan Kim and Ramin Zabih, “A Segmentation Algorithm for Contrast-Enhanced Images”, www.google.co.in.
- Ritika and Sandeep Kaur, “Contrast Enhancement Techniques for Images–A Visual Analysis”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 64– No.17, pp. 20-25, February 2013.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 295-298
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1622115
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Shankar Singh, Pravesh Pal, "Contrast Enhancement of Medical Images", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.295-298, March-April-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1622115