Home > Archives > IJSRST162212
Hydrogen Fuel Cell Car
Authors(3) :-M. Nagakiran, Dr. M. Ashok Kumar, M.Venkateshvarlu
In general automobiles are propelled by internal combustion engines fuelled by diesel or petrol, which produce lot of emissions and cause global warming. The solution for this problem is Hydrogen, solar, air powered cars. In our project we are fabricating a prototype fuel cell car and conducting experiments to increase fuel efficiency of cell. A hydrogen fuel cell converts chemical energy to electrical energy by hydrogen from fuel with oxygen from air. Itís only emission being water. So, the present work aims at replacement of conventional IC engines with hydrogen fuel cells to attain improvement in fuel sufficiency, cut down emissions, greener world. So the following work aims at Replacing IC engine of an automobile with fuel cell car and conducting experiments showing the effect of oxygen and resistance on efficiency of fuel cell and run time of car.
M. Nagakiran, Dr. M. Ashok Kumar, M.Venkateshvarlu
Hydrogen, Fuel Cell, PEM, PEMFC, AFC, PAFC, MCFC, SOFC
- B. H. Khan , Non-conventional Energy Sources, TMH Publishers, New Delhi.
- G. D. Rai , Non-convectional Energy Sources, Khanna Publishers, New Delhi.
- Sera and Parulekar , Energy Technology Khanna publishers, New Delhi.
- W. R. Murphy & G.Mckay , Energy Management, Butterworth & Co.
- Publishers, New Delhi.
- The analysis for the efficiency properties of the fuel cell engine Renewable Energy, Volume 32, Issue 7, June 2007, Yongping Hou, Mingling Zhuang, Gang Wan
- Fuel cells development and hydrogen production from renewable resources International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 33, Issue 19, October 2008,D. Hotza, J.C. Diniz da Costa
- Development of polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell stack International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 24, Issue 11, 1 November 1999, K. S. Dhathathreyan, P. Sridhar, G. Sasikumar, K. K. Ghost, G. Velayutham, N. Rajalakshmi, C. K. Subramaniam, M. Raja and K. Ramya
- Profiting from clean energy: a complete guide to trading green in solar Richard W. Asplund
- Modern electric, hybrid electric, and fuel cell vehicles: fundamentals.. By Mehrdad Ehsani
- Fuel cell systems By Leo J. M. J. Blomen, Michael N. Mugerwa
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-04-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 15-18
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162212
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
M. Nagakiran, Dr. M. Ashok Kumar, M.Venkateshvarlu, "Hydrogen Fuel Cell Car", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.15-18, March-April-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162212