Home > Archives > IJSRST162225
Psychological Stresses among Pregnant Women and their Relation with Some Variables (Khartoum State)
Authors(2) :-Ali Farah Ahmed Farah, Ashraf Mohammed Ahmed Ali
This research aimed at investigating the general characteristics of psychological stresses among pregnant women in Khartoum State, as well as identifying the differences in psychological stresses according to the variables of age and number of pregnancies. The sample consisted of (100) pregnant women whose ages ranged between (17-40) years. The sample was selected by the Purposive Sampling method from the population. The researchers used the Psychological Stress Scale and the following statistical equations were used for the statistical treatment of the data: T-test and Analysis of Variance. The study found out following results that the psychological stresses among pregnant women can generally be described as being high, and that there are no differences in psychological stresses according to the age variable, but there are differences according to the number of pregnancies and the type of the female circumcision in favor of the pharaonic circumcision.
Ali Farah Ahmed Farah, Ashraf Mohammed Ahmed Ali
Stresses, Psychological, Pregnant Women, Emotional, Mental Health.
- Al-Ashwal, Adil, (1999): Psychological Stresses, Counseling Center, Ain Shams University.
- Al-Ghurair, Ahmed, et al, (2009). Dealing with the Psychological Stresses, Al-Shuroug Publishing House, Egypt.
- Al-Zarrad, Faisal (2000), Mental and Physical Diseases: Al-Nafaies Publishing, Beirut.
- Askar, Ali (2011) Life Stresses and Coping Methods, AlKitab House. Kuwait.
- Bressert, Steve, (2015), http://psychcentral.com/lib/the-impact-of-stress.
- Dasuki, Hussein (2005): Psychological Stresses and Life. Almogdad Library, Beirut.
- David Fontana, (1998). Managing Stress. Biddles Ltd.
- Ghabrawy, Fakhreddine (2000) Circumcision, Al-Nahda Al-Arabiya Publishing House, Cairo.
- Hacks, Almurvi (2000), Psychological Pressure and Pregnancy. Dar Al-Imam. Oman.
- Hashim, Omaymah Ahmed (2005): Home Environment and its impact on psychological adjustment for pregnant woman, Jordan.
- Healthwise, Incorporated, (2014), http://www.webmd.com/baby/tc/pregnancy-your-first trimester.
- Jabali, Ghada, (2009) Mental Health of Pregnant Woman, Al-Maymana Publishng House, Oman.
- Johnson, Katrina, (2007). The effects of Maternal Stress and Anxiety during Pregnancy, Emory University.
- Mackie, Faisal (1999) Effect of Circumcision on Females, Al-Zamala Publishing House, Lebanon.
- Mahdi, Mohammed (2005): Psychology of Pregnancy, Dar-Alhilal, Beirut.
- Salama, Mamdouh, (2000), Dependability and Negative Self-assessment among Depressed People, Psychological Studies, Cairo.
- Segal, Jeanne et. al, (2016), http://www.helpguide.org/articles/stress/stress-symptoms causes-and-effects.htm.
- Susic, Paul, "Stress Management: What can you do?". St. Louis Psychologists and Counseling Information and Referral.
- Zuccolo, Mark, (2013). www.stresshacker.com/2013/01/the-4-sources-of-stress.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 91-99
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162225
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Ali Farah Ahmed Farah, Ashraf Mohammed Ahmed Ali , "Psychological Stresses among Pregnant Women and their Relation with Some Variables (Khartoum State)
", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.91-99, March-April-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162225