Home > Archives > IJSRST162229
Throughput-Delay Analysis for Multicast with Inter Session Network Coding
Authors(4) :-A. Aiswaryalakshmi, K. P. Megartha, L. Muthulakshmi, S. Siva Kumar
Here, we characterize the throughput of a broad cast network with receivers using rate less codes with block size. We characterize the system throughput asymptotically. Specifically, we explicitly show how the throughput behaves for different values of the coding block size as a function. We are able to provide a lower bound on the maximum achievable throughput. Using simulations, we show the tightness of the bound with respect to system parameters and find that its performance is significantly better than the previously known lower bounds. The packets are not decodable if any deviation is occurred.
A. Aiswaryalakshmi, K. P. Megartha, L. Muthulakshmi, S. Siva Kumar
Broadcast, network coding, rateless codes, throughput analysis.
- Y. Yang and N. B. Shroff, "Throughput of rateless codes over broadcast erasure channels," in Proc. ACM MobiHoc, 2012, pp. 125–134.
- A. Shokrollahi, "Raptor codes," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 2551–2567, Jun. 2006.
- M. Luby, "LT codes," in Proc. 43rd FOCS, Washington, DC, USA, 2002, pp. 271–280.
- T. Ho, "Networking from a network coding perspective," Ph.D. dissertation, MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA, 2004.
- R. Cogill, B. Shrader, and A. Ephremides, "Stable throughput for multicast with inter-session network coding," in Proc. Military Commun. Conf., 2008, pp. 1–7.
- R. Cogill, B. Shrader, and A. Ephremides, "Stable throughput for multicast with random linear coding," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 267–281, Jan. 2011.
- B. T. Swapna, A. Eryilmaz, and N. B. Shroff, "Throughput-delay analysis of random linear network coding for wireless broadcasting," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 59, no. 10, pp. 6328–6341, Oct. 2013.
- P. Sadeghi, D. Traskov, and R. Koetter, "Adaptive network coding for broadcast channels," in Proc. Workshop Netw. Coding, Theory Appl., 2009, pp. 80–85.
- A. Dana, R. Gowaikar, R. Palanki, B. Hassibi, and M. Effros, "Capacity of wireless erasure networks," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 789–804, Mar. 2006.
- J. R. Norris, Markov Chains. Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge Univ. Press, 1998.
- R. G. Gallager, Discrete Stochastic Processes. Norwell, MA, USA: Kluwer, 1996.
- A. Dembo and O. Zeitouni, Large Deviations Techniques and Applications, 2nd ed. New York, NY, USA: Springer-Verlag, 1998.
- L. Georgiadis, M. Neely, and L. Tassiulas, "Resource allocation and cross-layer control in wireless networks," Found. Trends Netw., vol. 1,no. 1, pp. 1–144, 2006.
- M. Luby, M. Mitzenmacher, A. Shokrollahi, and D. Spielman, "Improved low-density parity-check codes using irregular graphs," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 585–598, Feb. 2001.
- A. Shokrollahi, "New sequences of linear time erasure codes approaching the channel capacity," in Proc. 13th Int. Symp. Applied Algebra, Algebraic Algorithms, and Error-Correcting Codes (Lecture Notes in Computer Science), M. Fossorier, H. Imai, S. Lin, and A. Poli, Eds. Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 1999, vol. 1719, , pp. 65–76.
- P. Oswald and A. Shokrollahi, "Capacity-achieving sequences for the erasure channel," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 3017–3028, Dec. 2002.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-03-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 52-55
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162229
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
A. Aiswaryalakshmi, K. P. Megartha, L. Muthulakshmi, S. Siva Kumar, "Throughput-Delay Analysis for Multicast with Inter Session Network Coding ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.52-55, March-April-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162229