Home > Archives > IJSRST162249
ECA Based Device Automation Using Internet of Things
Authors(3) :-Poornima P, Shobana K , Venkatesh S
The automation industry has experienced rapid growth over the last decade. The aim of the proposed work is to automate appliances in Home/Industry using Internet of things (IoT). The system focuses on human-friendly technical solutions for easy control of appliances. Embodied conversational agent (ECA) based Android application is used to receive speech input from the user. Simple object access protocol (SOAP) is used to transfer the information from client to server. The remote server processes the commands received and translates them into actions of switching particular appliances ON or OFF. A novel embedded system has been designed, implemented and a small-scale prototype is developed and tested.
Poornima P, Shobana K , Venkatesh S
Internet of things (IoT), Embodied conversational agent (ECA), SOAP,ARM7 controller, Embedded system.
- Bader M. O. Al-thobaiti, Iman I. M. Abosolaiman, Mahdi H. M.Alzahrani, Sami H. A. Almalki and Mohamed S. Soliman, vol.3 no.3 July 2014 2014 “Design and Implementation of a Reliable Wireless Real-Time Home Automation System Based on Arduino uno Single-Board Microcontroller”,International journal of control, automation and systems.
- H. Liu, J. Yang, S. Sidhom , Y. Wang, Y. Chen, and F. Ye, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 21992214, Oct. 2014."Accurate Wi-Fi based localization for smart phones using peer assistance,'' IEEE Transactions on mobile computing.
- S. Liu, Y. Jiang, and A. Striegel, vol. 13, no. 4,pp. 811823, Apr. 2014 "Face-to-face proximity estimation using Bluetooth on smart phones,'' IEEE Trans. Mobile Computing.
- Siddhesh R.Baravkar and Mohit R.Borde, ISSN: 2250-3498, Vol.3, No.1, February 2013 “Android text messaging application for visually impaired people.” IRACST – Engineering Science and Technology: An International Journal (ESTIJ),
- C. Felix and I. J. Raglend, “Home automation using GSM,” in International Conference on Signal Processing.
- G. Chandrasekaran , Jun. 2009, pp. 19 "Empirical evaluation of the limits on localiza-tion using signal strength,'' in Proc. 6th Annu. IEEE Commun. Soc. Conf.Sensor, Mesh Ad Hoc Commun. Netw. (SECON),.
- L. Pu, Proc. 2009, pp.62–65, “An Improved Short Message Security Protocol for Home Network,” in International Conference on Future Computer and Communication .
- C. K. Das, M. Sanaullah, H. M. G. Sarower, and M.M.Hassan,2009, pp.23-29, "Development of a Cell Phone based Remote Control system1111: an effective switching system for controlling home and office appliances". International Journal of Electrical & computer Sciences.
- K. Gill, S. -H. Yang, F. Yao, and X. Lu.,2009, 55(2), pp.422 – 430."A zigbee based home automation system". IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics.
- YU GU1 AND FUJI REN2, June 4, 2015 Energy-Efficient Indoor Localization of Smart Hand-Held Devices Using Bluetooth.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 118-121
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162249
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Poornima P, Shobana K , Venkatesh S, "ECA Based Device Automation Using Internet of Things", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.118-121, March-April-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162249