Home > Archives > IJSRST16225
Investigation of flexural strength of Fly Ash and Super Plasticizers Filled Binary Concrete Composites
Authors(3) :-K. Sundeep Kumar, P. V. Subba Reddy, Dr. M. K. Rao
In the present research presents the performance of binary concrete when filled with fly ash and plasticizers were discussed based on the soaking water in predetermined no of days such as 3, 7 and 28 days respectively. Flexural strength was evaluated for both fly ash filled concrete and super plasticizers. Hand layup technique was used to prepare the composites. Fly ash filled binary concrete was optimized at 30wt. %. Super plasticizers were proved that when the concrete filled with them with less weight ratio 1.5wt.% itself they showed good results when compared with flay ash filled binary concrete.
K. Sundeep Kumar, P. V. Subba Reddy, Dr. M. K. Rao
Concrete, Flay Ash, Super Plasticizers, Flexural Strength
- A&Court, C. L., "Mix Design and Abrasion Resistance of Concrete," Symposium on Mix Design and Quality Control of Concrete, Cement and Concrete Association, London (1954)
- Abdun-Nur, E. A., Fly Ash in Concrete, Highway Research Board Bulletin 284, Washington, D.C. (1961)
- ASTM Committee C-9, Manual of Concrete Testing, 1976 Annual Book of ASTM Standards, Part 14, Philadelphia (1976)
- ASTM, Manual of Cement Testing, 1988 Annual Book of ASTM Standards, Vol. 04.01 (1988)
- ASTM Committee C-9, Manual of Aggregate and Concrete Testing, 1989 Annual Book of ASTM Standards, Part 14, Philadelphia (1989)
- American Coal Ash Association, Proceeding: Eigth International Ash Utilization Symposium, Vols. 1 and 2. EPRI CS-5362 (1987)
- J. M. Hodgkinson (2000). Mechanical Testing of Advanced Fibre Composites. Cambridge: Woodhead Publishing, Ltd. p. 132–133.
- William D. Callister, Jr.Materials Science and Engineering. Hoken:John Wiley & Sons,Inc.,2003pegggy carrasquillo, chapter 14, SYM STP 169C,significancies of testing and properties of concrete and concrete making materials, American society for testing and materials west Conshohocken, PA.
- How should strength be measured for concrete paving? Richard c.meininger, NRMCA TIL), and data summary NRMCA TIL 451, NRMCA silver spring, MD.
- “Significance of Tests and Properties of Concrete and Concrete-Making Materials,” Chapter 12 on Strength, ASTM STP 169B.
- “Studies of Flexural Strength of Concrete, Part 3, Effects of Variations in Testing Procedures,” by Stanton Walker and D.L. Bloem, NRMCA Publication No. 75 (ASTM Proceedings, Volume 57, 1957).
- “Variation of Laboratory Concrete Flexural Strength Tests,” by W. Charles Greer, Jr., ASTM, Cement, Concrete and Aggregates, Winter, 1983.
- “Concrete Mixture Evaluation and Acceptance for Air Field Pavements” by Richard O. Meininger and Norman R. Nelson, ASCE Air Field Pavement Conference, September, 1991. NRMCA Publication No. 178.
- ASTM D3967-95a, 1996, Standard test method for splitting tensile strength of rock core specimens
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-04-25
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 01-08
Manuscript Number : IJSRST16225
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
K. Sundeep Kumar, P. V. Subba Reddy, Dr. M. K. Rao, "Investigation of flexural strength of Fly Ash and Super Plasticizers Filled Binary Concrete Composites
", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.01-08, March-April-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST16225