Home > Archives > IJSRST162251
Efficient Surveillance in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Sink Mobility
Authors(4) :-Revathy. M, Sai Prashanthi. S, Shanthini. S P, Arthi. B
The WSN helps in easy monitoring and controlling in the areas of surveillance. With the environment becoming more and smarter, it is essential to maintain the overall lifetime of the network. The sink that serves as the center spot is equipped with enormous energy. When these sinks are more in number and not stationary, it increases the overall performance thereby preventing much of the mote and data failure. In this paper, energy aware mechanism is proposed to reposition the sinks in optimum number of steps. Thus the congestion can be routed away effectively. This approach is found to be better than itâ€™s contemporary.
Revathy. M, Sai Prashanthi. S, Shanthini. S P, Arthi. B
Wireless Sensor Networks, Sinks, Surveillance, Network lifetime
- Chu-Fu Wang, Jau-Der Shih, Bo-Han Pan, and Tin-Yu Wu “A Network Lifetime Enhancement Method for Sink Relocation and Its Analysis in Wireless Sensor Networks” in IEEE sensors journal, vol. 14, NO. 6, Taiwan, June 2014.
- Sheng Yu, Baoxian Zhang, Cheng Li, and Hussein T. Mouftah “Routing Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks with Mobile Sinks: A Survey” in IEEE communication magazine, Beijing, China, 2014
- Taeyoung Kim, Minhan Shon, Mihui Kim, Dongsoo S. Kim, and Hyunseung Choo “Anchor-Node-Based Distributed Localization with Error Correction in Wireless Sensor Networks” in International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks Volume 2012, Korea
- Limin Sun and Yanzhong Bi, Jian Ma “A Moving Strategy for Mobile Sinks in Wireless Sensor Networks” in IEEE, china, 2006
- Adel Youssef, Ashok Agrawala and Mohamed Younis “Accurate Anchor-Free Node Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks” in 24th IEEE international conference, USA, April 2005
-  Ismat K. Maarouf and A. R. Naseer “WSNodeRater - An Optimized Reputation System Framework for Security Aware Energy Efficient Geographic Routing in WSNs” in IEEE/ACS international conference, Dhahran, 2007
- Can Tunca, Sinan Isik, M. Yunus Donmez, and Cem Ersoy “Distributed Mobile Sink Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey” in IEEE communications surveys and tutorials, Turkey, 2014
- Zoltan Vincze, Dorottya Vass, Rolland Vida, Attila Vidacs, Andras Telcs “Adaptive Sink Mobility in Event-driven Multi-hop Wireless Sensor Networks” in International Conference on Integrated Internet Ad hoc and Sensor Networks- ACM, Hungary, 2006
- Joakim Flathagen_oivind Kurez and Paal E. Engelstad “Constrained-based Multiple Sink Placement for Wireless Sensor Networks” in Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), 2011 IEEE 8th International Conference, University of Oslo, 2011
- Zoltan Vincze, Rolland Vida, Attila Vidacs “Deploying multiple sink in Multi- hop Wireless Sensor Networks” in IEEE international conference, Hungary, 2007
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 154-157
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162251
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Revathy. M, Sai Prashanthi. S, Shanthini. S P, Arthi. B, "Efficient Surveillance in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Sink Mobility", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.154-157, March-April-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162251