Home > Archives > IJSRST162255
Child Sexual Abuse in India : Socio-Legal Issues
Authors(2) :-Isha Kansal, Neeraj Kansal
Child Sexual Abuse or child molestation is a form of child abuse in which any person uses a child for sexual stimulation. Child Sexual Abuse can be of many kinds like touching in private parts, taking obscene photos, showing child pornography picture to child etc. In India, sexual abuse against girl child has added fuel to the fire and it had made its place in one of the hot topic for debate and research in India. In Delhi, a girl aged 5 years was brutally raped by 2 men and she was left in the bushes with bleeding in her genital area. A girl who donâ€™t know the meaning of rape is raped and due to the failure of our executive as well as judiciary system still now the culprit are moving free in search of new victim and are not arrested yet due to absconding. A survey by United Nations International Children Education Fund (UNICEF) on demographic and health was conducted in India from 2005 to 2013 and it reported that 10% of Indian girls experience sexual abuse between 10-14 years of age. It is believed to be true that mostly the cases of Child Sexual Abuse include the people who are well known with the victims. As a result of this, the family members donâ€™t go to police station for complaining about Child Sexual Abuse. Child Sexual Abuse in India is governed by â€˜Protection of children from Sexual Offences Act 2012â€™. Instead of having a strong law for Child Sexual Abuse, due to the lack of awareness among people and old mentality of harm to reputation of families in society, they avoid to register complaints. Through this research paper I will discuss about the socio-legal issues of Child Sexual Abuse and its remedy.
Isha Kansal, Neeraj Kansal
Child Sexual Abuse, Protection of children from Sexual Offences Act 2012, socio-legal issues.
- Medem, Pandoras project, http://www.pandys.org/whatissexualabuse.html (March 2, 2016, 12:50 p.m.)
- Dr. Asha Bajpai , Child protection and child rights, excrepts from Dr. Asha Bajpai’s chapter on “sexual abuse and law”, http://www.childlineindia.org.in/Child-Sexual-Abuse-and-Law.htm (March 2, 2016, 2:21 p.m.)
- Breaking the Silence Finally on Child Sexual Abuse, http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO1303/ S00236/ breaking-the-silence-finally-on-child-sexual-abuse.htm (March 2, 2016, 6:30 p.m.)
- Child abuse and child rights, Abuse and violence , http://www.childlineindia.org.in/child-abuse-child-violence-india.htm (March 2, 2016, 2:37 p.m.)
- Staff reporter, At least four children get raped in C’garh every week, Cityline, The Hitavada (25th February, 2016)
- Rituparna Chatterjee, Satyamev jayate: grisly talks on child sex abuse, http://www.ibnlive.com/ news/india/satyamev-jayate-grisly-tales-of-child-sex-abuse-473846.html (March 4, 2016, 8:58 p.m.)
- Mamta Rao, Constitutional Law, (Abhinandan Malik, 1st ed, 2013)
- K.D.Gaur, Textbook On The Indian Penal Code, (Universal Law Publishing Co. Pvt.Ltd, 4th.ed. 2009)
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 126-129
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162255
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Isha Kansal, Neeraj Kansal, "Child Sexual Abuse in India : Socio-Legal Issues", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.126-129, March-April-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162255