Home > Archives > IJSRST162258
Voice over IP Via IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN
Authors(4) :-Nimal. C R, Rasika Ranjani. R, Vishnu Kumar. R K, Ananthi. N
The purpose of this project is to design and implement an android application that uses WIFI as a means of communication between mobile phones to provide voice communication at no cost. Wi-Fi is a WLAN standard which is used to share data over the transmission range larger than Bluetooth. Wi-Fi can also be used to share the voice from one mobile to another by receiving the data from one mobile (user) and sending the data to the destination user. The basic concept behind this data transferring is VOIP (voice over protocol).Voice telephony over mobile is currently supported at a cost using service provider such as GSM, or using IP service provider at cheaper cost. The system will allow users to search for other individuals within WIFI range and to establish free voice connections. If the users are not in the specific range, they are not allowed to establish free voice connections; they are provided communication by means of service providers. In time this will become a cheap and secure way to communicate and will have a large effect on university, business and personal communication.
Nimal. C R, Rasika Ranjani. R, Vishnu Kumar. R K, Ananthi. N
Wireless Local Area Network, Voice Over Internet Protocol
- An Chan and Soung Chang Liew. (2009) "Performance of VoIP over Multiple Co-Located IEEE 802.11 Wireless LANs" IEEE Transactions On Mobile Computing, Vol. 8, NO.8 pp.1063-1076
- Andrew Kipkebut, Timothy Sawe (2014) "A survey on mobile phone related issues in WIFI calling", IJISET - International Journal of Innovative Science, Engineering & Technology, Vol. 1 Issue 8 pp.
- Bur Goode, senior member, IEEE (2002), "voice over internet protocol (voip)" Proceedings of the IEEE Vol:90, Issue: 9 pp.1495 - 1517
- Cisco, “An Overview of the Voice Over IP WirelessNetwork”,http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/5_0_1/english/administration/guide/7921wrnt.pdf.
- Ghassan Kbar, Wathiq Mansoor, Aryan Naim (2010) "Voice over IP Mobile Telephony Using WIFI P2P" , 2010 6th International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Communications (ICWMC) pp.268-273.
- Giuseppe Cattaneo, Luigi Catuogno, Fabio Petagna, Gianluca Roscigno (2015),” Reliable Voice-based Transactions over VoIP Communications” International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing,pp. 101-108
- Mohammed A Qadeer, Robin Kasana, Sarvat Sayeed (2009) "Encrypted Voice Calls with IP enabled Wireless Phones over GSM/ CDMA/ WiFi Networks" Computer Engineering and Technology, 2009. ICCET '09. International Conference Vol:2, pp. 218 - 222.
- Sundar D.C.E, Krishna Kumar, Selvinpremkumar, (2012), "voice over ip via bluetooth/wifi peer to peer" IEEE-International Conference On Advances In Engineering, Science And Management (ICAESM -2012) March 30 & 31, pp. 828 - 837
- Waheb A. Jabbar, M. Ismail and R. Nordin (2013), "Peer-to-Peer Communication on Android-Based Mobile Devices: Middleware and Protocols" 2013 5th International Conference on Modeling, Simulation and Applied Optimization (ICMSAO) pp. 1-6
- Yi-Bing Lin, Whai-En Chen, Chai-Hien Gan (2005), “Effective VoIP Call Routing in WLAN and Cellular Integration” IEEE-Communication Letters, Vol:9, pp. 874-876
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 218-222
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162258
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Nimal. C R, Rasika Ranjani. R, Vishnu Kumar. R K, Ananthi. N, "Voice over IP Via IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.218-222, March-April-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162258