Home > Archives > IJSRST162263
Voice Intelligence System (VIS) for disabled
Authors(3) :-Sarathkumar M, Gajendran M, Aravindan B
As we know that the disabled people faces difficulties in working with the computers in their day to day life. In order to overcome this difficulty a voice intelligence system is proposed as advancement in the technology. The name for the voice intelligence system is â€˜SAMâ€™. It was named such as it responds as a human. The purpose of this voice intelligence system is to make the computer to do multiple works using voice over commands. The voice over commands are predefined in a library and given reference in the source code. Thus executing this project results in controlling PC using the voice commands. The additionally added feature in this system among other existing systems is that, it responds back to the user with executing the commands with a speech back from the computer. Shortly it behaves as a human.
Sarathkumar M, Gajendran M, Aravindan B
HMM (Hidden Markov model), Algorithm-Viterbi
- T. Dasgupta and A. Basu. A speech enabled Indian language text to braille transliteration system. In Information and Communication Technologies and Development (ICTD), 2009 International Conference on, pages 201–211. IEEE, 2009
- R. Ghose, T. Dasgupta, and A. Basu. Architecture of a web browser for visually handicapped people. In Students’ Technology Symposium (TechSym), 2010 IEEE, pages 325 – 329, April 2010
- T. Lauwers, D. Dewey, N. Kalra, T. Stepleton, andM.B.Dias.Iterative design of a braille writing tutor to combat illiteracy. In
- A. King, G. Evans, and P. Blenkhorn. Webbie: a web browser for visually impaired people. In Proceedings of the 2nd Cambridge Workshop on Universal Access and Assistive Technology, Springer- Verlag, London, UK, pages 35–44. Citeseer, 2004
- Verma, R. Singh, A.K. Singh, V. Yadav, and A. Pandey. An enhanced speech-based internet Computer and Communication Technology (ICCCT), 2010 International Conference on, pages 724–730. IEEE, 2010.
- Y. H. Sun, Y. Liu, "Settle Plan of Speech Interaction of Serve Robot," Control Engineering of China, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 184-186, February 2004.
- Z. G. Bing, Y. Liu, S. G. Cui, "Implementation of speech interaction system of robot developing platform," Journal of Tianjin University of Technology and Education, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 1-7, February 2004.
- Thomas F. Quatieri, "Speech Signal Processing - principles and practice", New York, Prentice Hall PTR, 2002.
- A.M. Liberman, F.S. Cooper, D.P. Shankweiler, M. Studdert-Kennedy, "Perception of the speech code", Psychol Rev, vol. 74(6), pp. 431-461, 1967.
- M.W. Ku, J.K. Eun, H.S. Lee, "A Comparative Study of Speaker Adaptation Methods for HMM-Based Speech Recognition", J. of Acoustic Society of Korea, vol. 10(3), pp. 37-43, 1991.
- K.-F. Lee , "Context-dependent phonetic hidden markov models for speaker-independent continuous speech recognition" , IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, vol. 38 , no. 4 , pp.599 -609 , 1990.
- K. Shinoda and T. Watanabe , "MDL-based context-dependent subword modeling for speech recognition" , J. Acoust. Soc, Jpn. (E) , vol. 21 , no. 2 , pp.79 -86 , 2000 .
- Saon G, Povey D, and Soltau H,"Large margin semi-tied covariance transforms for discriminative training, " Proc. IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2009), IEEE Press, April 2009, pp. 3753-3756, 2009.
- HONG Qingyang, ZHANG Caihong, and CHEN Xiaoyang, " Embedded speech recognition system for intelligent robot, " Mechatronics and Machine Vision in Practice, IEEE Press, Dec. 2007, pp. 35-38.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 151-153
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162263
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Sarathkumar M, Gajendran M, Aravindan B, "Voice Intelligence System (VIS) for disabled", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.151-153, March-April-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162263