Home > Archives > IJSRST162278
Implementing Smart Traffic Control System for Congestion Management
Authors(4) :-Dr. L. Bhagyalakshmi, Narmadha. M, Nisha. C, Nitharshana. S
This paper presentsSmart Traffic light Control System for congestion management which is implemented using Infra-Red sensors. An infrared sensor is an electronic instrument which is used to sense certain characteristics of its surroundings by either emitting or detecting infra red radiations. Infrared sensors are also capable of measuring the heat being emitted by an object and detecting motion. It helps us to know more about the congestion of traffic and reduce it. Sensors are kept at both the sides of the road and it is kept at a distance of 500 metre away from the signal and that place is built in such a way that only one car can pass through the lane.Sensors sense the number of cars passed and alter the timer of the green light.If the number of cars passed is low, the timer will be set for 10 seconds and if the number of cars passed is high, the timer will be set for 30 seconds. This is how congestion management is done.
Dr. L. Bhagyalakshmi, Narmadha. M, Nisha. C, Nitharshana. S
PIC16F877A, Congestion Control, Traffic Junction
- Faisal A. Al-Nasser, HosamRowaihy, (2011)’Simulation of Dynamic Traffic control system based on wireless sensor network’,IEEE Symposium on computers &Informatics,pp 40-50
- Harpal Singh, Krishan Kumar, HarbansKaur, (2012)’Intelligent Traffic lights based on RFID,International journal of Computing & Business Research
- Y.S Huang, P.J.Su , (2009)’Modelling and analysis of traffic light control systems’,IEEE journals & Magazines,vol.3,isuue-3,pp 340-350
- Roy Want, (2006)’An Introduction to RFID technology’,IEEE Journal pervasive computing ,vol.5,issue 1,pp 105-113
- Wu Hejun, Miao Chanyun, (2010)’Design of intelligent traffic light control system based on traffic flow,IEEE Conference publication vol.3,pp 368-371
- Xue Yuan, XiaoliHao, Houjin Chen and Xueyewei, (2014) ’Robust traffic sign Recognition based on color global and local oriented edge magnitude patterns,’IEEE Transactions on intelligent transport systems,vol.15,no.4
- C.Yang, X.Lu, K.Liu, (2011)’Research of intelligent control model and system on traffic light time’,IEEE conference publication,pp 5578-5581
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 185-189
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162278
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dr. L. Bhagyalakshmi, Narmadha. M, Nisha. C, Nitharshana. S, "Implementing Smart Traffic Control System for Congestion Management", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.185-189, March-April-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162278