Home > Archives > IJSRST162294
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Authors(5) :-Sharmila T Patil, Ruchita A Patil, Trupti D Dudhgaonkar, Shrinivas K Mohite, Chandrakant S Magdum
The aim of study was to find out symptoms, diagnosis, various causes, treatment, associated risk factors among children about ADHD.ADHD is most commonly seen developmental disorder in children within 5-12 years. Children shows symptoms associate with ADHD as talk nonstop, fidget and squirm, forget things, difficulty focusing on one thing. The core behavioral symptoms of Hyperkinetic disorder (HKD) and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are inappropriate patterns of inattentiveness, impulsivity, and hyperactivity. The causes that lead to the development of ADHD include genetic and environmental factors, nutritional and psychosocial factors, chemical exposure. Children are emotionally affected when they witness violence within the family.Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is neurobehavioral disorder in children, characterized by symptoms as inattention , hyperactivity impulsivity. Dopamine deficit theory proposed for ADHD says that abnormalities in the dopamine modulated frontal-striatal circuits, effects on brain imaging and functioning. It also associate with the iron deficiency which is major cause of Restless Leg Syndrom ( RLS ), a condition related to ADHD. This study indicated that yoga may contribute to stabilising the emotions, reducing restless /impulsive behavior and reducing oppositional behavior. Negative family relationships are associated with symptoms of ADHD. Its association with the intelligence quotient reiterates the importance of the genetic and environmental basis at the origin of the disorder.
Sharmila T Patil, Ruchita A Patil, Trupti D Dudhgaonkar, Shrinivas K Mohite, Chandrakant S Magdum
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, Hyperkinetic disorder, Restless Leg Syndrome, symptoms of Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Renner R. Growing concern over perfluorinated chemicals. Environ Sci Technol 2001;35(7):154–60.
- Slotkin TA, MacKillop EA, Melnick RL, Thayer KA, Seidler FJ. Developmental neurotoxicity of perfluorinated chemicals modelled in vitro. Environ Health Perspect 2008;116: 716–22
- Herjanic B, Reich W: Development of a structured psychiatric interview for children: agreement between child and parent on individual symptoms. J Abnorm Child Psychol 1982; 10: 307–324
- Orvaschel H: Psychiatric interviews suitable for use in research with children and adolescents. Psychopharmacol Bull 1985; 21:737–745
- Sattler J: Psychological Assessment. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1988
- Jastak S, Wilkinson GS: The Wide Range Achievement Test, Revised. Wilmington, Del, Jastak Associates, 1985
- Assistance to States for Education for Handicapped Children: Procedures for Evaluating Specific Learning Disabilities: Federal Register. Bethesda, Md, US Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, 1977
- American Psychiatric Association (1994) Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. (4thEdn), American Psychiatric Association, Washington DC, USA
- Nagendra HR, Mohan T, Shriram A (1988) Yoga in education. VKYRF, Bangalore, India.
- Saraswati S (1990) Yoga education for children. A manual for teaching yoga to children. Bihar School of Yoga, Munger, Bihar.
- Barkley RA. A review of stimulant drug research with hyperactive children. J Pediatr Psychol Psychiatry 1977; 18: 137-165.
- Rosenthal RH, Allen TW. An examination of attention, arousal, and learning dysfunctions of hyperkinetic children. Psycol Bull 1978; 85: 689-715.
- Ottenbacher KJ, Cooper MM. Drug treatment of hyperactivity in children. Dev Child Neurol 1983; 25: 358-66.
- Kavale K. The efficiency of stimulant drug treatment for hyperactivity: a meta-analysis. J Learn Disabil 1982; 15: 280-89.
- Fine S. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Selected review of causes, comorbidity and treatment. Psych Clin Pract 1997; 1: 249-259.
- Agarwal A. et al.: Effect of Mentat on short-term memory span among normal adults. Psychopharmacoecologia 1990; 3: 39.
- Agarwal A, Dubey ML, Dubey GP. Effect of Mentat on Memory, anxiety scores and neuroticism index in normal subjects in three age groups. Probe 1991; 3: 257.
- Indurwade NH, Biyani KR. Evaluation of comparative and combined depressive effect of Brahmi, Shankpushpi and Jatamansi in mice. Indian J Med Sci 2000; 54(8): 339-41.
- Delaney-Black V, Covington C, Templin T, Ager J, Nordstrom-Klee B, Martier S, et al. Teacher-assessed behavior of children prenatally exposed to cocaine. Pediatrics 2000;106(4):782–91.
- Nigg JT. What causes ADHD? Understanding what goes wrong and why? New York: The Guilford Press; 2006.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 243-253
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162294
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Sharmila T Patil, Ruchita A Patil, Trupti D Dudhgaonkar, Shrinivas K Mohite, Chandrakant S Magdum, "Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.243-253, March-April-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162294